Downtown Raleigh retail updates

Beth Y

Great, another taco/burrito shack. Like there aren't enough of those around.

Dan: Try this place. They have the standard mexican fare, but the second menu has some really interesting stuff that nobody else around here is serving. If they do a mirror image of their quirky treasure on Creedmoor Road, downtown will have its coolest restaurant.

Dan: Try this place. They have the standard mexican fare, but the second menu has some really interesting stuff that nobody else around here is serving. If they do a mirror image of their quirky treasure on Creedmoor Road, downtown will have its coolest restaurant.

Hmmm now *I'm* curious to try it!

The Sunrise Biscut place has been empty for so long, I gave up going by there looking for a new tenant.

Dos Taquitos is a little more expensive than El Rodeo/Las Margaritas/Torreros/etc., but it is also a step above in quailty. They have some dinners that are similar to the "by the number" ordering of the other places, but those are better than average and they have good specialty dishes as well. The Creedmoor location is almost always packed unless you go early or late.

It will be a good compliment to Riveara and Times Bar nearby.

Dos Taquitos is not a taco shack. It is not even close to El Rodeo or any of the others. It is much different and better.

I like Los Cuotes on Old Wake Forest Rd right next to the Kanki in North Raleigh Square near the Falls of Nuese/Wake Forest Rd curve. Now, it is a small mexican place but own by a couple and they serve Posale on the weekend and you can buy buy beef tougue tacos and goat meat along with anything chicken, shrimp and beef. You can also get good fish tacos.

I bet Dos Qaquitos wants to get out of the strip center in middle/nowhere Raleigh and take a try downtown. It will be a good fit.

Edited by Subway Scoundrel

Great, another taco/burrito shack. Like there aren't enough of those around.

I couldn't agree more if that were the case, but like dmmcall said, this is not another el rodeo. They have standard texmex stuff, that is heads and shoulders above the relative crap you get at rodeo, and lots of stuff they don't offer elsewhere. It's definitely the best restaurant of its kind in the triangle.

and i live a block away! great news.

Well it definitely sounds like this will be a new favorite for downtown - I'm glad its filling the sunrise biscuit space - its looking pretty sad these days. I have heard good things about the location on Creedmoor - I hope they can duplicate it downtown! (of course the downtown location should be even that much better, right? :) )

btw the sign says its opening in January '07...Dos Taquitos Centro - how cool ;)

Edited by Justin6882

^ I felt similar after my trip to Manhattan.

Same thing happened to me after I went up there a couple weeks ago. That was my first trip to NYC and I was blown away by the place. Just plain amazing.

As far as the addition of Dos Taquitos, I think its great. The Creedmoor location is by far my most favorite Mexican restaurant in Raleigh. The food is always excellent and the decor is awesome. Glad to hear of the addition.

Gandolfo's and it's good. There is one other location I know of in Wakefield also very good. Huge menu, and they have broke the trend of early closers downtown as they stay open to 6 I believe. Enjoy.

And they are open Saturday.

Just tried them today for the first time. I had a ruben. It was good. Not as good as Greenshields was. I sure miss them downtown.

Edited by ralncdude