Progress on I-49 continues.

bigboyz05

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never expected North Market's traffic to be as bad at rush hour as it is. I first discovered it when I started commuting from Texarkana to Shreveport every day. I grew to hate it. Youree Drive gets pretty busy at lunch, like today if I'd looked off at the work being done on Regal Court I'd have rear-ended someone so I didn't look off. But it's not extremely bad. Bert Kouns, around the corner from Youree, IS very bad. And Airline, man, don't even mention Airline! :lol: The good thing is, even though they're building the new stores north of I-220, the traffic will kind of spread out a bit more I think. Right now the worst of Airline's traffic is between Old Minden Road, on down beyond I-20, to Shed Road. Then it thins off a bit down past Wal-Mart and to I-220. North of I-220 it's still congested at certain times but not too badly. Once the new stores open up there, it should shift some of that traffic that is currently centered around Pierre Bossier Mall, north to the new center.

Anyway, sorry to go off on a tangent!

So I-49... will it be built before I croak of a heart attack? Will it be built before you or I turn 35? :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just FYI, Governor Jindal was in town today to stump for some Republican dipwad. While here, however, he talked about I-49 progress. I wasn't aware of this, but apparently it was planned to be completed by 2015, but now it looks like it will be done 2 years sooner in 2013. So that's still 4 years out, if we're counting from January 1, 2009, which is just over a month away.

Just FYI, Governor Jindal was in town today to stump for some Republican dipwad. While here, however, he talked about I-49 progress. I wasn't aware of this, but apparently it was planned to be completed by 2015, but now it looks like it will be done 2 years sooner in 2013. So that's still 4 years out, if we're counting from January 1, 2009, which is just over a month away.

Archived