River Place Condominiums

richyb83

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's plenty of land downtown to work with, many buildings that can be knocked down too.

I don't think those churches just move. In my mind everything from the river to I-110 is downtown with the exception of Spanishtown and Beauregard. That's a considerable distance and a lot to work with especially if you can utilize the parking lots better.

It is big, it just seems like a lot of the blocks that would be ideal for a CBD skyscraper cluster have a church or something there. Also would any of you consider everything behind I-110 as downtown BR?

Up to like Baton Rouge High? When does Dowtown BR become mid city in your opinion?

Ehyfield...Agree that nice looking skylines tend to have their tallest buildings in the middle...however BR's Tallest the State Capitol is on the far end....sometimes skylines are just spread out.. Shreveport had a nice cluster of buildings (density) in the middle of their CBD...but also have a couple of high rise hotels several blocks out along their riverfront

Have always said if BR was to build a new millennial high-rise tower it would look best along the Fourth Street corridor btwn One American Place & Chase Towers....& agree that the sloped effect going higher away from the river would look nice; IBM at that height is perfect for that location....>but ONE exception could be made for the riverfront...that would be River Place. Something striking for the skyline with a lil' Wow Factor!

Found it...Here is the cool looking streetscape that was set for River Place along Lafayette Street on the right

02_zps0ff7a45a.jpg

Also...there is the block between River Place & Hilton; currently a massive surface parking lot covering the entire block; owned by Hartley & Vey...still no word of any plans.....this is the block where the failed proposal 26-story Laurel Plaza was to be built back in 99' .......there had been 3 prime vacant riverfront blocks....so now it's 1 down(IBM Complex) &  TWO More to go....

25-DowntownTower_t600_zps66ae61e3.jpg

Ehyfield...Agree that nice looking skylines tend to have their tallest buildings in the middle...however BR's Tallest the State Capitol is on the far end....sometimes skylines are just spread out.. Shreveport had a nice cluster of buildings (density) in the middle of their CBD...but also have a couple of high rise hotels several blocks out along their riverfront

Have always said if BR was to build a new millennial high-rise tower it would look best along the Fourth Street corridor btwn One American Place & Chase Towers....& agree that the sloped effect going higher away from the river would look nice; IBM at that height is perfect for that location....>but ONE exception could be made for the riverfront...that would be River Place. Something striking for the skyline with a lil' Wow Factor!

Found it...Here is the cool looking streetscape that was set for River Place along Lafayette Street on the right

02_zps0ff7a45a.jpg

Also...there is the block between River Place & Hilton; currently a massive surface parking lot covering the entire block; owned by Hartley & Vey...still no word of any plans.....this is the block where the failed proposal 26-story Laurel Plaza was to be built back in 99' .......there had been 3 prime vacant riverfront blocks....so now it's 1 down(IBM Complex) &  TWO More to go....

25-DowntownTower_t600_zps66ae61e3.jpg

Hartley & Vey build broadway level theaters, so maybe a waterfront theater? That would be downtown BR's second Broadway styled theater. Throw in a new art museum or two in the area and BR has its own little Arts District. 

• 2 weeks later...

Since my last post on this topic talked about both  Prime riverfront blocks remaining(btwn Hilton & IBM)...BOOM! There is some news!

ExxonMobil looking at potential sites for new administrative building

ExxonMobil is exploring local real estate options for a new administrative building. Though the company is keeping tight-lipped about any specific sites it is considering, a company spokeswoman confirms a long-term planning process is underway.

“We are continuing to explore options, both onsite and offsite, including potential space in various Baton Rouge locations,” says Stephanie Cargile, public and government affairs manager.

The downtown riverfront long has been mentioned as a potential site for a new Exxon administrative building. Two land-use plans for downtown—Plan Baton Rouge in 1998 and the Riverfront Master Plan in 2006—called for the development of office buildings on three vacant lots along the river. The IBM complex is now under construction on one of those lots.

The other two lots—one owned by Richard Hartley and the other by Jim Bernhard—remain vacant. Cargile declines to comment on whether Exxon is interested in either of those sites, neither of which is officially on the market. But she says several options are on the table.

“We are progressing several building upgrade options through the project gate review process, which takes a few years,” she says. —Stephanie Riegel

http://www.businessreport.com/article/exxonmobil-looking-br-potential-site-administrative-headquarters

It's going to be downtown.

I don't think they'd be as tight-lipped if it was some random suburban campus.

I wonder where. Do you think they will try and build a tower between Chase and American or go with the riverfront property's? I'm thinking one of those cheaper downtown blocks or sites in between American Place and the Chase buildings, I think if Exxon went to Bernhard or Hartley they would ask for a lot so it makes sense to be quite and keep the prices down between Chase and American Place. 

Since my last post on this topic talked about both  Prime riverfront blocks remaining(btwn Hilton & IBM)...BOOM! There is some news!

ExxonMobil looking at potential sites for new administrative building

ExxonMobil is exploring local real estate options for a new administrative building. Though the company is keeping tight-lipped about any specific sites it is considering, a company spokeswoman confirms a long-term planning process is underway.

“We are continuing to explore options, both onsite and offsite, including potential space in various Baton Rouge locations,” says Stephanie Cargile, public and government affairs manager.

The downtown riverfront long has been mentioned as a potential site for a new Exxon administrative building. Two land-use plans for downtown—Plan Baton Rouge in 1998 and the Riverfront Master Plan in 2006—called for the development of office buildings on three vacant lots along the river. The IBM complex is now under construction on one of those lots.

The other two lots—one owned by Richard Hartley and the other by Jim Bernhard—remain vacant. Cargile declines to comment on whether Exxon is interested in either of those sites, neither of which is officially on the market. But she says several options are on the table.

“We are progressing several building upgrade options through the project gate review process, which takes a few years,” she says. —Stephanie Riegel

http://www.businessreport.com/article/exxonmobil-looking-br-potential-site-administrative-headquarters

Very exciting, but what exactly would this entail? By this I mean what would an Exxon Admin building downtown do? Also is there any word of Entergy moving here or are they staying in New Orleans? 

Archived