River Place Condominiums

richyb83

Here are rendering I made of RiverPlace on Google SketchUp. I went by the the original standards, so it's 36 stories,450'. Pretty cool, huh, :shades:

riverplace1ze4.png

Looking up from River Road

riverplace3zr5.pngriverplace4fa7.png

Side view

riverplace6xt6.png

In detail

riverplace11yh4.pngriverplace10ax6.png

On GoogleEarth

riverplace5zy7.png

View from the top

riverplace8qj3.png

riverplace9sp9.png

Future Skyline including courthouse, II City Plaza, and RiverPlace

riverplace7ap8.png

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely IMPRESSIVE Dan!!! I am happy to have you in the BR Forum dude :thumbsup: Great work! Props on the detail of the RiverPlace. I love all the different views of RiverPlace. Your on top of the future buildings in the skyline!

The last rendering is a view from the other side of the river in Port Allen; so the Chase Towers appear smaller because they are further back than River Place, right?? Because Chase Tower (taller right) is 277 ft' tall.

You are right Dale, River Place will become BR's 2nd tallest building. I'm still not exactly sure how tall it will be bec. of the multi-level parking deck and inclined roof-top. But it should be at least 350'ft.

*State Capitol -450'ft.

* One American Place -310'ft.

*Chase Tower- 277'ft.

*Riverside North -229'ft.

>The Marriott at 224'ft is the Tallest outside the CBD.

The new II City Plaza should be about 150'ft +30'ft. spire. Not sure "exactly" how tall they all are...but the Galvez, LaSalle, and Governmental Bldg, and New Courthouse(will be) are roughly the same height.

My favorite view of the BR Skyline is from around the middle of the I-10 Miss. River Bridge. The angle shows the best density.

^^ Looks good! On the top-half of the re-design, does every two lines represent one floor?? Those penthouse floors could have vaulted(taller) ceilings. Why no balconies for the top-half??

Yes every two lines equals a floor. The reason there are no balconies is because this is a screenshot I saved from the middle construction of the model.

• 5 weeks later...

Very nice Dan!! Great detail of RiverPlace :w00t: It will be nice to finally have a " New 2nd Tallest" high-rise in BR! This will start more condo and loft growth downtown too.

*For any out of towners...the State Capitol is set further back, appearing to look shorther than RiverPlace in this pic.

BTW where did you manage to get that old skyline pic?? The old State Bldg. between One American Place and State Capital is still standing there. And no Shaw Center for the Arts yet.

Wouldn't it be great to see Trump in New Orleans and River Place in Baton Rouge start construction this summer. :yahoo:

As of now, that is indeed supposed to happen. However, we all know that it all means nothing until you see cranes in the sky!

Yes indeed Nate, that would be great!!! The Summer of 07' should be a memorable one for sure! :thumbsup: I'm sure between you and I, we will be getting plenty of updated pics for UP on the progress of Trump Tower and River Place :camera:

I am looking forward to seeing cranes all over downtown BR! I would expect to see cranes by the end of June at the sites for the New Courthouse and II City Plaza even before RiverPlace. Can hardly wait!!!!

Yes indeed Nate, that would be great!!! The Summer of 07' should be a memorable one for sure! :thumbsup: I'm sure between you and I, we will be getting plenty of updated pics for UP on the progress of Trump Tower and River Place :camera:

Oh, don't you know it! I'm really looking forward to the groundbreaking ceremonies for Trump, as that will be a major event. You can expect lots of pictures from me! :D

With the new layout you can't view past articles,but I'm sure they said groundbreaking was in June. I hope they announce the groundbreaking date of RiverPlace. I will definitely be there if I can. :)

Also exciting is the Trump Tower in NOLA. I hope it's taller than RSA. :whistling:

Also exciting is the Trump Tower in NOLA. I hope it's taller than RSA. :whistling:

It most definately will be, Dan. :thumbsup:

Trump New Orleans- 842 feet

RSA in Mobile- 745 feet

That said, however, RSA only surpassed One Shell Square in New Orleans because spire that makes up about 1/3 of the building's height. ;)

Oh, don't you know it! I'm really looking forward to the groundbreaking ceremonies for Trump, as that will be a major event. You can expect lots of pictures from me! :D

Is there a date for the Trump groundbreaking? I know its supposed to be summer, but I have not heard a date.

It most definately will be, Dan. :thumbsup:

Trump New Orleans- 842 feet

RSA in Mobile- 745 feet

That said, however, RSA only surpassed One Shell Square in New Orleans because spire that makes up about 1/3 of the building's height. ;)

Wow, 842ft ! I didn't know it was that tall.

1/3, huh. I that's a lot of empty space, but then again I wouldn't be mad if they built one here. :D

Is there a date for the Trump groundbreaking? I know its supposed to be summer, but I have not heard a date.

I haven't heard an official date yet either, JPK. Just June or July of this summer.

How about RiverPlace, guys? Has an official date been announced?

Yea, I dont know what it is exactly, but they have started construction on something huge where the condos are suppose to be, wish I could have took pictures and posted them on here....any news anyone on what the construction could be???

Archived