MidTowne Village Development Updates

GRDadof3

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And 601 Michigan has appeared to have changed...

http://mls.carwm.com/listing/28687056

That listing for 601 has been up and "outdated" for years. (Notice it says that it is available on 9/28/2013). I have seen that floating around for years, and I'm hoping/assuming they are still moving ahead with the most recent plans we've seen. It's weird because it always seems like they keep "updating" this listing, but I've been looking at that strange rendering for years. I could be missing something, but I think this listing just not being well updated/maintained. 

• 2 weeks later...

Man that Hampton in looks imposing.

Yeah it is. I was at El Barrio the other day and that sucker is long, which makes it look bigger than it is. And there's not a lot of architectural detail to this side of the building, unfortunately. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We know that the Kent Novelties building has been sold. But I don't recall it being mentioned to who. Well, county records indicate that the Maratha's Vineyard owners now own the Kent Novelties building at 659 Michigan.  As well as the parking lot to the north at 415 Grand.

Sale price is listed at $650,000 on both lots, but that must be combined.

Didn't realize the little pizza building escaped the wrecking ball. Interesting. 

Joe

Last year they did quite a bit of work to the facade. They must have decided that they didn't want to be the ugly duckling on what will be a all new block.

I'm curious what Martha's vineyard has planed for the former Kent Novelties site.

I hope it's not another catering site with no windows...like the one on Michigan near Fuller.

From what I heard that is not what he's planning for, but time will tell.

Didn't they use vinyl siding on the facade? Bleck. Hope they step it up a notch. :)

Joe

Last year they did quite a bit of work to the facade. They must have decided that they didn't want to be the ugly duckling on what will be a all new block.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bah, I don't like those faux balconies, but this will dramatically change this area. Glad to see them officially moving forward. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived