MidTowne Village Development Updates

GRDadof3

Yes, it was originally planned to be a 7 story building, then I believe because they couldn't get approval to add the surgery services, they scaled their plans down to 4 stories. I posted both before and after renderings back up in post #6 in this thread. :thumbsup:

I think it was scaled down because they put the parking ramp next to the building, instead of under the occupied floors.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do remember renderings with parking underneath, but I think the whole idea of bringing the doctors together was in jeopardy because of the state's decision to restrict the number of surgical rooms outside of hospitals. I don't know where it ever landed but I'm glad to see the building move forward!

Joe

• 1 month later...

Awesome! I still can't figure out where these sit on the property when I drive by.

Joe

Joe,

Go to this link for a good aerial on where the condos are located. ParkRowCondo locations

I believe the condos are built on the downside of the hill, so when you are approaching downtown on westbound 196, you can see the foundations on the side of the hill. I think the big elevator shaft next to it is for one of the office buildings. (I could be wrong)

Thanks. I had it stuck in my head that it was where the parking lot between build A & D is located. Now I'm on track.

Joe

Joe,

Go to this link for a good aerial on where the condos are located. ParkRowCondo locations

I believe the condos are built on the downside of the hill, so when you are approaching downtown on westbound 196, you can see the foundations on the side of the hill. I think the big elevator shaft next to it is for one of the office buildings. (I could be wrong)

Here's a little photo tour to lead you to Park Row (based on photos on their website) that should help as well.

Looking across Michigan St at Union, that leads to Park Row (to the right just past the buildings being demo'd:

482946621_223655449f_b.jpg

Park Row Condos site prep (you can make out flag stakes where the foundation will go:

482946607_b7fe84b173_b.jpg

The retaining wall built to support Park Row, facing toward the houses to the East:

482946615_d6067d1ac3_b.jpg

The concrete block elevator shafts are for the Women's Health Center. You can see work progressing on the parking garage:

482954350_3cbf6bd743.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is too bad this building is not going to be the original height it was planned to be, it wuold look magnificent from the highway to see that tall of a building there. Now its just gonna look like every other medical complex in grand rapids.

I wish it were taller as well, but I still think it'll be pretty impressive seeing it coming from the East because it is on top of a hill and still a few stories taller then it's neighbors.

It is too bad this building is not going to be the original height it was planned to be, it wuold look magnificent from the highway to see that tall of a building there. Now its just gonna look like every other medical complex in grand rapids.

I think zoning requirements forced developers to lower the building's height. But, don't worry. The medical towers and the new children's hospital going up will more than make up for the lower height.

I wish it were taller as well, but I still think it'll be pretty impressive seeing it coming from the East because it is on top of a hill and still a few stories taller then it's neighbors.

Yes. So much so that I just had to get some shots:

1140581310_f299d998ae_b.jpg

They're starting to work on the parking ramp portion, and I like the color combo (sort of a dark gray and tan):

1140582378_d1f15de64c_b.jpg

Can't wait to see the Children's Hospital rising from the interior of Health Hill cluster:

1140583570_8449b2a7fa_b.jpg

Women's Health Center construction site from Michigan Street. Doesn't look like much from this angle as a majority of its mass faces I-196. IMO, this building should have been situated closer to Michigan Street to give this area some much needed height and more density. However I'm sure infill will occupy the Michigan St. side of this site to take care of that issue.

wemanshlthcen081407apn8.jpg

Shot with DSC-P200 at 2007-08-17

Women's Health Center construction site from Michigan Street. Doesn't look like much from this angle as a majority of its mass faces I-196. IMO, this building should have been situated closer to Michigan Street to give this area some much needed height and more density. However I'm sure infill will occupy the Michigan St. side of this site to take care of that issue.

wemanshlthcen081407apn8.jpg

Shot with DSC-P200 at 2007-08-17

I think that the health center is way at the back of a pretty dense development (Midtown Village). I could be wrong though. At any rate, if it is part of that development, the density of the rest of the development will really make that area seem nice and busy.

• 1 month later...

Cool, it looks like they're starting to work on the Park Row Condos. I know they've had the foundations poured for a while, but it looks like they're now working on a wall, or is that a stairwell?

That appears to be a stairwell. I noticed yesterday they are now going vertical with the walls.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived