Baton Rouge Restaurants

byrde

New Chick-fil-A location on College Drive plans grand opening promotion

Lining it up: To celebrate the grand opening of its new restaurant at 3023 College Drive, Chick-fil-A is giving away a year's supply of meals to the first 100 adults in line when the doors open on Thursday, Nov. 17. Chick-fil-A will give out 52 meal certificates to each of the first 100 adults in line, age 18 and older with identification. The line officially opens at 6 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 16, with the free meal cards to be awarded the following day around 6 a.m. The restaurant will open for business immediately thereafter. If there are more than 100 people by 6 a.m. on Nov. 16, all 100 spots will be determined by raffle. Click here for complete rules and details.

Businessreport.com

...and there was no point picking a fight over a small simple comment from a well respected forum member.

Keep up the good work Richy. I know I don't post on here much anymore, but I do still enjoy reading your posts!

No one is picking a fight. Merely pointing out that Canes on Corporate isn't close to Chik fil A on Seigen. No biggie.

Chik fil A on Seigen? The Chick fil A in question is the one opening up on College Drive in front of Hobby Lobby, which so happens to be a block from Raising Canes on Corporate.

Typo. I meant College. And again, what's the big deal about these 2? You are aware fast food places are located next to other fast food places all over this country?

I'll take a wild guess and assume there are also McDonalds, Burger Kings, Popeyes and Taco Bells within those same areas.

Not in the same proximity. You rarely see a KFC, Popeyes, or Scooters right next to each other around here. Only exception is Popeyes and Churchs, but they're owned by the same company and even doesn't happen a lot. With the burger places it's more common, but still not prevelant. I can only think of one or two Taco Bells that are next to other fast food restaurants. I can only think of one BK that is next to McD's.

Edited by xav13r

Not in the same proximity. You rarely see a KFC, Popeyes, or Scooters right next to each other around here. Only exception is Popeyes and Churchs, but they're owned by the same company and even doesn't happen a lot. With the burger places it's more common, but still not prevelant. I can only think of one or two Taco Bells that are next to other fast food restaurants. I can only think of one BK that is next to McD's.

LOL!! Ok. Sure. Fast food places aren't next to each other.

LOL!! Ok. Sure. Fast food places aren't next to each other.

Well since you know it all, give me some close by examples.

Nevermind, if you did know it all we wouldn't be having this discussion. Carry on.

I apologize people, I forgot who I was talking to.

Edited by xav13r
  • Like 3

New sandwich chain opening -per businessreport.com

Dallas-based sandwich chain Which Wich Superior Sandwiches has come to Baton Rouge, recently opening its first restaurant at 6725 Siegen Lane. Which Wich allows customers to completely customize their sandwiches, and also offers bowls—essentially sandwiches without the bread—for carb-conscious diners and a "Kidswich" menu with fare like PB&J and grilled cheese sandwiches. LSU graduate Guy Harper is responsible for bringing the fast-service sandwich shop to the Capital City. He got his introduction to the brand while working for the FDIC in New York. On a business trip to Dallas, he says, "I stumbled into store one—the very first Which Wich—and was just sort of blown away." Taken with the unique concept and high-quality product, Harper decided it was a great fit for Baton Rouge. Although Siegen is currently their sole location, Harper is already looking to expand with several more Baton Rouge restaurants as well as future locations in Lafayette. Check out a preview of the menu here, and read the rest of this week's 225 Dine newsletter here.

Lol, a whole half a page about a rhetorical comment.

No kiddin huh...I had no idea that simple statement would get the thread rolling like that :lol:

On that day..the students at the HS where I work were basically taking a poll on which (Chik-fil A or Canes) place they prefered...guess it's why I made the statement.

...and there was no point picking a fight over a small simple comment from a well respected forum member.

Keep up the good work Richy. I know I don't post on here much anymore, but I do still enjoy reading your posts!

Thanks for the kind words Buckett; your post are always respected & look forward to your valuable imput :thumbsup:

Love me some chicken too! It's all good!

Edited by richyb83
  • Like 2

New pizzeria coming to Jefferson Highway

A taste of old New York: The former Schlotzky's Deli at 8190 Jefferson Hwy. has been leased and will soon be occupied by Mama Della's N.Y. City Pizzeria. Barry Kalt, Mama Della's owner and a native of New York City, brings 45 years of industry experience to the restaurant. Menu items will include authentic New York City–style pizza, calzones, and hot and cold Italian hero sandwiches. Kalt is aiming to have the restaurant open in December, says Carmen Austin of Saurage Rotenberg Real Estate, who brokered the deal.

Businessreport.com

New sushi restaurants open

Baton Rouge's selection of sushi restaurants has gotten even more bountiful this month with the opening of two new spots—Sushi Masa on Essen Lane and Kabuki Sushi and Japanese Steakhouse on Bluebonnet Boulevard. Sushi Masa offers Japanese fusion cuisine and steak, as well as an extensive all-you-can-eat menu that includes several varieties of sushi, appetizers and dessert, and even your first round of cocktails. "A sushi dinner can get really expensive," manager Tim Dju says. "This lets people go out and know beforehand how much they're going to spend." Signature sushi rolls include the Zack Special—tempura battered snow crab and shrimp; and the LSU roll—snow crab, cheese and crawfish masago deep fried and topped with spicy sauce. Kabuki occupies the space that was formerly Primo's Steakhouse, and offers both fresh sushi and hibachi tables, as well as private "tatami rooms," where guests can dine while seated on the floor Japanese-style. Check out more on their Facebook page here. Read the rest of this week's 225 Dine newsletter here.

Businessreport.com

B.R. to get 11 Dunkin' Donuts over next 7 years

A pair of Dunkin' Donuts coffee shops will open in Baton Rouge next year, followed by nine more by 2018, the Dunkin' Brands Group announced today. Eight of the locations will be developed by Nice Foods Limited: one in 2012 and the rest by 2018. Three others will be developed by AJP Company, with the first to open in 2012 and the remaining two to be completed by 2014. The Baton Rouge stores are part of a 25-store expansion of Dunkin' Donuts in Louisiana over the next several years. Its parent company also announced plans to open a pair of Baskin-Robbins ice cream shops in New Orleans. Ten Dunkin' Donuts are planned for Shreveport between 2012 and 2018.

Businessreport.com