Vancouver

Randy@Tacoma

IMG_1512.jpg

A beautiful view of the city from Grousse Mtn.

IMG_1492.jpg

From Dtwn looking at the North Shore Mtns.

IMG_1493.jpg

Looking at the North Shore Mtns from Kitsilano.

IMG_1494.jpg

From about 30th Ave and S. Main St. Looking North

IMG_1498.jpg

Can I just say that this was the most beautiful day in the world for photographing the most beautiful city in the world!

IMG_1500.jpg

Ahh, the Science World. Its a neat building!

IMG_1504.jpg

Facades of buildings facing the waterfront downtown. Also, you'll notice the expansive railyard and the Skytrains down there!

IMG_1516.jpg

The pot culture is alive and well in Vancouver, as you notice here by the "420" carved out the snow. There will be more photos to come involving pot culture in Vancouver.

IMG_1517.jpg

A lovely skyline shot from North vancouver looking across the Burrard Inlet.

IMG_1529.jpg

Futuristic Vancouver with a Skytrain approaching the station.

IMG_1531.jpg

An urban style Costco, WOW! I wish we had those down here in seattle, after all, the company is headquartered out of here!

IMG_1535.jpg

It was unusually cold for Vancouver as evidenced by the icicles hanging from McDonalds. I loved it!

IMG_1536.jpg

I love Chinatowns! Vancouver's is the best Ive ever been to!

IMG_1538.jpg

First Nations artwork. My favorite! And, gotta sport the Canadien flag!

IMG_1540.jpg

East Hastings was really scary! It was the most ghettoized section of any city Ive ever been to! I only snapped this one photo and got out of there quick!

IMG_1544.jpg

Gastown is only a few blocks from East Hastings, yet feels worlds away! I love the Harbour Centre viewpoints from Gastown!

IMG_1545.jpg

I wish they sold Cuban cigars in the U.S. Stupid embargo B.S. Canada is awesome!

IMG_1546.jpg

That steam clock is really neat. I like Gastown a lot!

IMG_1547.jpg

A really neat alleyway viewpoint of the Harbour Centre from Gastown again!

And now a testament to the tolerance of Vancouver:

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

You gotta love the pot cafes! I went inside and they're really classy and comfortable!

IMG_1556.jpg

Commercial Drive was blast as well! I had some really good gelato there!

IMG_1554.jpg

And yet another headshop in the city over on Commercial Drive! Thats one cool place...

All-in-all, Vancouver was the coolest place to visit! I had gone through it before, but this was my first time really touring the city! I wish I could live there, and who knows, maybe one day I will!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Very nice pics La.Thunder! Thanks for posting. I have always been impressed with Vancouver's dense-elongated skyline. Downtown being on a peninsula the development can only go vertical. So many high-rise condo's too; more than Miami?? The mountains definetly set-it-off.

From what I've seen Vancouver has more than Miami. The city is solid for miles. On the other side of the water is North Vancouver, lots of buildings sitting on the cliffs. Miles away from downtown are clusters of other highrises also. I am trying very hard to move there. As for Miami, last time I was there was back in 1999. I've seen new pictures, but the city is still spread out for miles along the coast and waterways.

One problem with Vancouver is downtown is mainly residential, I noticed a few office buildings, but the biggest question was were do all these people work?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived