The Promenade At Chenal

There seems to be some work going on in the empty store across from Coldwarter Creek. Any ideas? Hopefully we will see more work to follow.

Soon to be open:

Wine Loft

Blanc Bottles & Burgers

Anthropologie

White Hose/Black Market

According to the center's website, Paul's Shoes is coming soon. They have a Shakleford Crossing location. This will put them in competition with DSW, but it might actually be good synergy. Their store would be too small to be the place across from Coldwater Creek, so it must be elsewhere in the center.

According to the center's website, Paul's Shoes is coming soon. They have a Shakleford Crossing location. This will put them in competition with DSW, but it might actually be good synergy. Their store would be too small to be the place across from Coldwater Creek, so it must be elsewhere in the center.

Not overly exciting, but still a store no less. Wish we had an insider on the retail scene in little rock.

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be some work going on in the empty store across from Coldwarter Creek. Any ideas? Hopefully we will see more work to follow.

Soon to be open:

Wine Loft

Blanc Bottles & Burgers

Anthropologie

White Hose/Black Market

Has White House/Black Market started construction?

it will be interesting to see what happens to some of those other tenants as their leases come up for renewal. I'm thinking about the Portrait place and the Just for Dogs in particular. If it's a two-year lease, then they'll end later this year. AE may not be the last one.

Had a friend who happened to be in AE just minutes before they closed for their final day. The employees said something about the rent going up. She got the impression that there had been a discounted lease for the first year or so and they didn't want to staywith the rent gong up. don't know if it's true, but I could see them offering a deal and saying we'll go up to a normal rate once the occupancy has increased. But that increase is clearly taking longer than they thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Opening in September according to Paul's.

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on Blanc and Wine loft? seems like Wine Loft still hasn't started construction. What about the opening of anthropologie?

I was at the promenade last night. Blanc looks like it is done with construction for the most part. You can see inside. You can't really tell with the Wine Loft, but it does have walls sticking out which makes it look like they are doing some construction. About Anthropologie, I read somewhere that they were going for an August opening and they have signs up that say "opening fall 2010." Also, Paul's Shoes has a sign up right next to the just dogs place. And a place called the Tavern has a sign up in the same building as wine loft right behind it on the outside of the mall.

• 1 month later...

Flirt opened and is on the outside of the promenade next to the eyecare place and the nail place. Paul's Shoes also opened next to the dogs place. Anthropologie is opening Friday, and Blanc said they are trying to open in October, but it might be November. Any other news?

Drove through the Promenade the other day. It's very exciting to see the progress being made. It amazes me how busy it already is with so few stores. I have a feeling that Anthropologie would not have come here if it didn't think other similar stores would be coming into the center.

With Anthropologie opening up on Friday, this will be the biggest news in retail in Arkansas in a long time! it will also give the center the much needed momentum for the future. I think that we might see some more stores pop up in the near future.

According to plumbing permits, construction is finally going to start on the Regions Bank outparcel at the northeastern corner of the shopping center (closest to the nail place). While not an exciting addition, it'll be good to see at least one of those large dirt patches filled with a building. Now if that would just spark interest in the others.

• 3 weeks later...

Rumors resurface that Apple is working on a lease contract at the Promenade at Chenal.

http://www.arkansasb...60.54928.136403

I knew this was bound to happen! Once one nice upscale store opened, others would follow back. Somebody just had to be brave enough to step in and open shop. I Just hope this is true. Give the promenade a handful of stores that have a high draw factor and you will have one nice center.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing that its been three years since the original Apple announcement and it finally looks like it might actually become a reality. I guess they just wanted to wait out the economy. It really surprised me they pulled the plug on Little Rock but went ahead with Jackson, MS and Augusta, GA.

I was planning a ski trip to Idaho and did a little research on Boise. Population under 190k, metropolitan area around 400k, so very similar to LR. They have an Apple store, a Cheesecake Factory and a Macy's.

I was planning a ski trip to Idaho and did a little research on Boise. Population under 190k, metropolitan area around 400k, so very similar to LR. They have an Apple store, a Cheesecake Factory and a Macy's.

Pretty surprising about Boise, especially considering its size (LR MSA is touching 700,000), but in its defense, Boise has become a hot-spot for high-tech companies...so Apple may fit in well with the demographic. Macy's? They're everywhere. Cheesecake Factory? That's quite surprising.

Pretty surprising about Boise, especially considering its size (LR MSA is touching 700,000), but in its defense, Boise has become a hot-spot for high-tech companies...so Apple may fit in well with the demographic. Macy's? They're everywhere. Cheesecake Factory? That's quite surprising.

It could be due to that fact that Boise is a bit more isolated that Little Rock in terms of surrounding metros. Tulsa, DFW, and Memphis are all closer to LR than Salt Lake is to Boise. After Salt Lake, the nearest metro with a Apple store is Portland (7+ hours). Same with the Cheesecake Factory.

Amazing that its been three years since the original Apple announcement and it finally looks like it might actually become a reality. I guess they just wanted to wait out the economy. It really surprised me they pulled the plug on Little Rock but went ahead with Jackson, MS and Augusta, GA.

Actually the Jackson, MS store was already built before the economic crisis hit.

excuse me if this is a repeat question - haven't been in here for a few months (busy mom of 3 kids!). does anyone know what is going to be built behind the promenade? not sure if it's just housing or what back there...but they sure have leveled a lot of land.

also, does anyone know what is going on with the field next to kroger? again, another big plot of land they have leveled.

???

we've been living up the hill from the promenade for 3 years and have seen SO much growth - it's awesome! when we moved here the land had just been flattened. we watched them build the entire center...and it's exciting to see businesses opening up in there. i would LOVE an apple store. my mac is on the fritz and that little mac shop here in town doesn't cut it anymore.

thanks for the help! my husband and i are always dreaming of "what could" go onto those lots....as many of you are doing, i'm sure. :)

does anyone know what is going to be built behind the promenade? not sure if it's just housing or what back there...but they sure have leveled a lot of land.

You are witnessing the first phase of the St. Vincent Health Village. Last year, I posted the following description of the project in the "Chenal & Highway 10" thread:

St. Vincent Health System and Deltic Timber are teaming up for a potentially major development on 26 acres immediately to the south/southwest of the Promenade Chenal – at the southeast corner of Rahling and LaGrande. Eighteen acres would be dedicated to a St. Vincent “Medical Village,” patterned after the retail lifestyle center concept and would contain seven buildings with a mix of medical, office, and health-centered retail space. Initially, the focus would be on integrated outpatient services in 163,000 square feet of space, with potentially 150,000 square feet being added in the future for inpatient services as the area grows. A driveway would extend eastward to Chenal Parkway. Deltic Timber would develop the northwestern eight acres of the property with four buildings containing retail and office space in 49,000 square feet. The property that runs along Rahling would also contain six “activity fields” of varying sizes.

Since then, the health system has added more acreage for future expansion.

As for the field next to Kroger, I don't know. Incidentally, Southwest Power Pool is building its new headquarter campus on the land behind Kroger, but I believe there will be a swath of woodlands that hides it from the view of Chenal drivers.