The Promenade At Chenal

Rode my bike through the Promenade and saw lots of construction activity. The work is still going on at the J Crew/Apple area. They were putting up walls to also block off that corner store, so I don't know if J Crew and Apple are taking all of that building or if a third store is going there. BTW, the Fitness place is gone, but there was construction activity in its old space, too.

Directly across the parking lot, there was more construction going on next to RK Collections.

The door was open at Big Orange, but couldn't tell how much activity was going on at the time.

The space next to the Justice store is where W by Azell will be going. They had a sign up on two sections of that vacant space, which is pretty sizeable.

Select Comfort has their sign up and their doors and windows complete, paper was still on the windows.

Looks like there may also be activity next to Ya Ya's, but I couldn't tell. The temporary wall didn't go all the way to the top like it does in storefronts that are empty.

There were also some survey stakes up by Chenal at that exit onto Chenal that doesn't have a light at it. Not sure if that means someone has bought the outparcel or not. This could be where the rumored McDonald's is going.

Looks like the center could look quite different by fall.

If I understood it correctly, Apple took two bays. I'm pretty sure that Antropologie, Apple and J Crew will take up that whole block.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a lot going on at the Promenade. Select Comfort is either open or close to opening it looks like. There is a black wall that goes around the entire rest of the building where Anthropologie is, so is all that space just Apple and J. Crew? Flirt moved from its original location to a spot right next to YaYa's I believe. Also, Nike is going into the space where Claire's once was, it seems like the store would be TINY which is kind of disappointing. There is a sign that says it will open October 11 I think. Also some sort of construction going on by RK Collections I think, but I don't know what it is.

There is a lot going on at the Promenade. Select Comfort is either open or close to opening it looks like. There is a black wall that goes around the entire rest of the building where Anthropologie is, so is all that space just Apple and J. Crew? Flirt moved from its original location to a spot right next to YaYa's I believe. Also, Nike is going into the space where Claire's once was, it seems like the store would be TINY which is kind of disappointing. There is a sign that says it will open October 11 I think. Also some sort of construction going on by RK Collections I think, but I don't know what it is.

I believe Nike is taking the neighboring space as well, so it should be larger. The space next to RK Collections is Crazy 8, as far as I can tell. Warren's Shoes is under construction over by White House/Black Market.

Apple has their logo up on the black construction wall also. Double official all the way

I actually was there last night after the mall closed and saw they had put up the apple logo and www.apple.com on the plywood wall. I also was able to peek inside- doesn't look like much yet, they were working on insulation and wiring last night.

• 2 weeks later...

LR Plumbing permits show that Kenneth Edwards Jewelers, currently located on Cantrell in the building with Graffiti's, will be opening in the Promenade. Based on the address, it will be the same building as Loft and RK Collections. I know there's a site under construction in that building, but it has cabinets, not display cases, so it's probably not this one.

I don't really know much about jewelry and had never even heard of this one until I saw the name and did some research. Is this a good addition? An addition location or a move? Anyone know?

• 3 weeks later...

It's official, Arkansas Business reported that the Apple Store will open Aug 20!!!

Just drove by there. Not even close to being open yet. The black construction wall is still up and the upper part where the logo will be is still under construction. I can't imagine it being ready for at least a few more days, maybe longer.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2011/aug/23/apple-store-little-rock-saturday/

LITTLE ROCK — A much-anticipated Apple Store in Little Rock will open its doors Saturday, the company said on its website.

The store, located in The Promenade at Chenal, 17711 Chenal Parkway, has a grand opening set for 10 a.m. Its normal business hours will be 10 a.m. through 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon through 6 p.m. Sunday.

The location will be the first in Arkansas.

http://www.arkansaso...-rock-saturday/

LITTLE ROCK — A much-anticipated Apple Store in Little Rock will open its doors Saturday, the company said on its website.

The store, located in The Promenade at Chenal, 17711 Chenal Parkway, has a grand opening set for 10 a.m. Its normal business hours will be 10 a.m. through 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon through 6 p.m. Sunday.

The location will be the first in Arkansas.

Apple sent out an email to subscribers touting the date today.

Edited by Sammy00

The Kenneth Edwards spot — diagonal from Kay Jewelers — will be a second location.

Went to Big Orange yesterday for the opening day. Pretty impressive start, from the looks of things. A fun, higher-end spin on burgers and shakes, plus surprisingly good tempura asparagus (at least from the perspective of someone who generally doesn't care for asparagus).

I never bought the Aug 20th date. Usually you hear about it openin somewhere in the press the week of (like Apple blogs) and no one listed this location in this past weekends list of openings.

So my friend's date was off by 7 days. Big deal. I'm just glad it's opening! :D

I think Neo has fixed most of the problems. But some people like me have had to clear the cache on their web browser to make these corrections go through. If anyone keeps having problems send me a message and I'll try to help or pass along the problem to Neo.

I would agree. Wow...it's a much bigger store than I was expecting, and frankly, the largest store I believe I've been to outside of Chicago and 5th Avenue in NYC. The employees were even taking about that fact.

It's bigger than Memphis or Birmingham (which is relatively new), and bigger than the one we often go to in Dallas. I'm wondering if one upside to the delayed opening is getting in on their new format, which I think I've read about?

Regardless, very impressive and very crowded.

Big Orange is quite good for burgers and beer. Definitely a fine substitute for blanc burgers.

Went on opening day with a couple of co-workers, and I liked it very much. I'd be curious to see how yesterday's first brunch service went, but the burger I had last Monday was very good, as was the salad (green apple with Maytag blue cheese) and appetizers we shared.

Went on opening day with a couple of co-workers, and I liked it very much. I'd be curious to see how yesterday's first brunch service went, but the burger I had last Monday was very good, as was the salad (green apple with Maytag blue cheese) and appetizers we shared.

I'll have to disagree with you. I went there this past Saturday with my wife, kids, and friends in tow. They were busy and I chalk it up to that. But the girl pulling duty at the hostess station was the rudest damn thing I've met in a very long time. I stood there for a solid 10 minutes and she must have walked by me at least half a dozen times and finally after I stopped her and asked "Are you the hostess? Can I put my name on the list?" She barked at me with "It's going to 45 minutes, I can't help you". I've known the owner for quite some time. I hope he heeded my advice to take that one out back and plant her in the dumpster.

I would agree. Wow...it's a much bigger store than I was expecting, and frankly, the largest store I believe I've been to outside of Chicago and 5th Avenue in NYC. The employees were even taking about that fact.

It's bigger than Memphis or Birmingham (which is relatively new), and bigger than the one we often go to in Dallas. I'm wondering if one upside to the delayed opening is getting in on their new format, which I think I've read about?

Regardless, very impressive and very crowded.

I believe it's the biggest store they've done recently. Red Development gave them quite the incentive to increase their presence and the way I read it is that their expecting this to be the only store in the Metro area much less Central Arkansas. So they built the store to handle volume that's for sure.

Tried Big Orange last night and was very impressed with the burgers. Had the spicy one and dining companions tried the Truffle one. We were all impressed. Truffle fries were just okay. I'll get the chips next time. Only bad thing was that the shake machine went out while we were there so we couldn't get one for dessert. Our waiter said they had done about 500 that day and it died. Not sure how long that will be for.

Walked around afterward and the center had an energy I've never seen there before. The Apple store was packed. People were actually shopping and roaming from store to store. With the opening of the J Crew store and the Nike store (which looks to be huge, it is taking over all the empty space in that building), that should make it even better. I wish for more men's clothes shopping, but other than that, it's a definite improvement for the center.