The Promenade At Chenal

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone answer this about the Apple Store?

Is it going to be expanded or is there another Apple Store in the works for Little Rock?

I think it is too soon since it opened for $1 million in work to be done on it. This is in the neighborhood of what was spent to build out the store in the first place.

Can anyone answer this about the Apple Store?

Is it going to be expanded or is there another Apple Store in the works for Little Rock?

I think it is too soon since it opened for $1 million in work to be done on it. This is in the neighborhood of what was spent to build out the store in the first place.

There will never be more than one Apple store in this market. The interesting thing to note though is the SIZE of the store, which is quite large.

There will never be more than one Apple store in this market. The interesting thing to note though is the SIZE of the store, which is quite large.

I wouldn't say "never", but no time in the near future. Where did you hear $1 million in work was going to be done on it Skirby? I can't imagine what it would be for, as mentioned the store is reasonably large and brand new...

I'll bet skirby's million it's never.

I heard from developer friends years back that Little Rock would "never" get an Apple store to begin with :whistling:. Not saying you're necessarily wrong, I don't see the future, just that it's impossible to know since it assumes Apple will continue with its current style of sporadically located stores and Little Rock would "never" be large enough to make them want two in the region, both of which rely on things that could change a heck of a lot even in the next several years/decade let alone ever. Not that I really care for a second Apple store, there are several things I'd rather have one in the region first.

• 4 weeks later...

Ground has been broken for the McDonald's and it should be open by early summer. According to articles, the center said that the other eight parcels are all in various stages of negotiations and should be full by 2014. Any speculation on what those may be? I know we've heard talks of Pei Wei, which could be an outparcel. Trader Joe's or World Market, maybe? At one time Chili's, Dick's, Region's and Starbucks were all possible tenants, but I don't see any of those being there now.

Thoughts? Speculation?

• 1 month later...

The Promenade's facebook post today mentioned a new store. Shockingly, it's a women's apparel store. There's a niche that the Promenade has been missing.

apricotlaneusa.com

Based on the address listed on the store's website, I think it's the building with YaYa's in it. It could be the old Flirt location or a previously undeveloped section. That's at least a little more progress for the center.

The Promenade's facebook post today mentioned a new store. Shockingly, it's a women's apparel store. There's a niche that the Promenade has been missing.

apricotlaneusa.com

My thoughts exactly. I was out there the other day at the movies and browsed around the shopping center. Other than the two restaurants I've been to, there is nothing that draws me out there. I did buy some dog treats at the doggy bakery for my pet but that was only because I was already there. The dog bakery was BUSY!

• 1 month later...

According the center's website, the owners of Big Orange are opening another restaurant at the Promenade. It is going to be called Local Lime and I believe will be located where The Wine Loft was supposed to go, right across from the movie theater. Apparently it "will be one of the best taco and margarita bar restaurants in town."

• 2 weeks later...

The Children's Place is coming to the Promenade, a permit has just been filed. Based on the address, it should be the location next to Big Orange. I think this may have been one of the original tenants announced before construction began. It would be their second LR location, the other being Midtowne.

• 1 month later...

Just received an email from the Promenade announcing a new tenant, Fulin Asian Cuisine. This is a small chain and is not the same as Fu Lin's on Bowman Curve. Not sure if the name will be an issue, but the website shows it to be a mix of Chinese and Sushi. Prices seem a little higher than typical Asian places. It will be located next to Kenneth Edward Jewelers, facing Chenal Parkway. Here is the website:

www.fulins.com.

• 5 months later...

For what it's worth, employees at the Pei Wei at Midtown confirmed to me that there will be a new Pei Wei at the Chenal Promenade late summer.  Training for new employees is to start in June.

I'm surprised it's taken them this long to open a second location in the market...the Midtown location is absolutely swamped every time we go there.  I'd like to see a third location, perhaps at Pleasant Ridge.

For what it's worth, employees at the Pei Wei at Midtown confirmed to me that there will be a new Pei Wei at the Chenal Promenade late summer.  Training for new employees is to start in June.

I'm surprised it's taken them this long to open a second location in the market...the Midtown location is absolutely swamped every time we go there.  I'd like to see a third location, perhaps at Pleasant Ridge.

They are also looking at a NLR location.

Another chain is exiting... A friend just reported that Aéropostale is closing its doors at the Promenade store.

Good riddance!  It's a cheap clothing line that has no business in an upscale center like the Promenade. IMHO

The Promenade should be housing places like Brooks Brothers, Pottery Barn Kids, etc...

What do you mean "another chain is exiting"?  Regardless, Aeropostale still has two locations at Park Plaza and at McCain (according to Google).

I'm referring to the Promenade departure of American Eagle Outfitters, which formerly occupied the space that Rock Paper Scissors is in.  And yes, the other Aéropostale locations are very much up and running.

I'm referring to the Promenade departure of American Eagle Outfitters, which formerly occupied the space that Rock Paper Scissors is in.  And yes, the other Aéropostale locations are very much up and running.

Okay, I wasn't aware American Eagle had left (or frankly, that they were even there).  When did they leave?

• 3 months later...

The Promenade posted on Facebook today that they "would have SUPER exciting news this Wednesday 5/1!" The responses to the post have been from people hoping for Dave & Busters, Dick's and Macy's. Not sure if it will be any of those or even a new store at all. It may just be a new festival or something that they're going to have to boost traffic. 

Guess we'll find out Wednesday.