The Promenade At Chenal

I've heard that Home Goods is coming to the Promenade. Not sure where it will go. I believe one of the out parcels or maybe it will fit into the center.

I really think it would be a better fit somehow if it could be worked into the shopping center with the Chenal Kroger Marketplace and Marshalls (a corporate sibling to HomeGoods).  Might even be cheaper for the company, too.

I really think it would be a better fit somehow if it could be worked into the shopping center with the Chenal Kroger Marketplace and Marshalls (a corporate sibling to HomeGoods).  Might even be cheaper for the company, too.

I wonder if Kroger would let them in. That might be too much competition for their home section.

But it does seem like a terrible fit for the Promenade. 

I wonder if Kroger would let them in. That might be too much competition for their home section.

But it does seem like a terrible fit for the Promenade. 

Definitely seems a better fit would be the shopping center with TJ Maxx, another corporate sibling. I think there's even some space available where Fitness Tech (or something of the sort) used to be.  

Definitely seems a better fit would be the shopping center with TJ Maxx, another corporate sibling. I think there's even some space available where Fitness Tech (or something of the sort) used to be.  

If Ashley Square is what you're thinking of, I don't know how wise it might be. Ross Dress for Less and Burlington Coat Factory, which are mere blocks away on Markham, both have home furnishings and limited furniture offerings, just as TJ Maxx already does.  Paired with Marshalls in Chenal, Home Goods would have a bit more breathing room despite some competition from Kroger.

Another possible solution is for Home Goods to simply take over the old Linens n' Things space on Bowman Road, which I think would be ideal.

I've heard that Home Goods is coming to the Promenade. Not sure where it will go. I believe one of the out parcels or maybe it will fit into the center.

Looking at the Ar. Dept. of health permits, there's on for HomeGoods at the Promenade. Then, reviewing the water utility permits, it appears to be for outparcel #7. According to chenalshopping.com, that would be the outparcel just out from Coldwater Creek. It's going to be pretty sizable of an outparcel. I wonder if that will eliminate the possibility of other out parcels between it and the theater?

This tells me that the Promenade is desperate if it is bringing in retailers like Home Goods.  This is supposed to be a high in development and bringing in Home Goods doesn't fit the supposed profile.  There is nothing wrong with Home Goods but this is not the right location, but I guess that doesn't matter since it seems that it will be built at the Promenade. I like Arkansas Traveler's idea of going in the old Linen N' Things space.

• Like 1

Why has Pei Wei not expanded...anywhere?  This market could easily support 2 (if not 3), and their current location is always packed.  I just don't get it, as I had heard that they were originally opening a second location at the Promenade, then heard it was going at Pleasant Ridge.  I've seen no movement on either.

Why has Pei Wei not expanded...anywhere?  This market could easily support 2 (if not 3), and their current location is always packed.  I just don't get it, as I had heard that they were originally opening a second location at the Promenade, then heard it was going at Pleasant Ridge.  I've seen no movement on either.

It won't be the Promenade since it has A.W. Lin's. I don't know if Far East would keep it from going in Pleasant Ridge or not. Chi's tried to create it when they remodeled their Chi's Express on Chenal, but the one time I went, it was a disaster. 

Looking at the Ar. Dept. of health permits, there's on for HomeGoods at the Promenade. Then, reviewing the water utility permits, it appears to be for outparcel #7. According to chenalshopping.com, that would be the outparcel just out from Coldwater Creek. It's going to be pretty sizable of an outparcel. I wonder if that will eliminate the possibility of other out parcels between it and the theater?

I was wrong. Driving by there tonight, I saw construction starting at the parcel closest to Just for Dogs. Its' between that store and St. Vincent Rd. The good thing about it building there is that it can look like an extension of the center more than an outparcel. Not sure if they'll stick with the style of construction, but would be nice.

Also, I saw construction walls up at the old American Eagle for a new store that I hadn't heard of. Apparently there's one in Rogers.

http://www.altardstate.com/

Found this online. It not only lists HomeGoods as one of the anchors, it also shows that there is a proposal for the lot by Coldwater Creek. AT&T wants half the building and they are looking for a tenant for the other half. Be sure to check the links under Property Attachments on the lower left.

http://www.thompsonthrift.com/development/available_properties/details/90/smallshopspaceatthepromenadeatchenal/

Found this online. It not only lists HomeGoods as one of the anchors, it also shows that there is a proposal for the lot by Coldwater Creek. AT&T wants half the building and they are looking for a tenant for the other half. Be sure to check the links under Property Attachments on the lower left.

http://www.thompsonthrift.com/development/available_properties/details/90/smallshopspaceatthepromenadeatchenal/

Sheeesh...do we really need ANOTHER AT&T store?

I thought Whole Foods was moving in where Linens N Things was.  The Spring (?) Church moved out when this rumor was going around. Nothing happened and now there is (or was) some type of clearance center there. 

Whole Foods is rumored to be moving there, but nothing seems official at this point.  FaithSpring Church, the former tenant in the space, headed for the old Keller Williams space in Market & Merrill, making way — eventually — for the furniture clearance center that is now in the process of shutting down.

Sheeesh...do we really need ANOTHER AT&T store?

Very disappointed to see another AT&T and Home Goods coming to the Promenade at Chenal. Lately, It seems like the Promenade at Chenal is going downhill on the tenant selection. The shopping center is suppose to be marketed as an upscale shopping with the primary focus on luring tenants that are new to Arkansas (Apple, J. Crew, and Nike). Yet, it seems like they are lower there standards of being an upscale center to a mid price center. I agree that Home Goods should be located in shopping centers like the Kroger Marketplace Centre (where Marshall's currently resides at) or Shackleford Crossing. As for AT&T, I think the Little Rock market is over saturated with them and there is no need for another one to open. Even the restaurants selection seems a little disappointed to me (ex: why on earth did they open a Chinese restaurant when there are so many other Chinese restaurants across town that are just as good or better than the one at the Promenade). Many people I talked to said the only reason they go to the Promenade is to go to see a movie at the Chenal 9 IMAX theater and shop at Nike (which always be busy every time I visit the Promenade). My suggestion to the owner is to sell this shopping center to another national developer (ex: Simon) and hire new management team to turn this shopping center around.

Edited by ecity3138

Very disappointed to see another AT&T and Home Goods coming to the Promenade at Chenal. Lately, It seems like the Promenade at Chenal is going downhill on the tenant selection. The shopping center is suppose to be marketed as an upscale shopping with the primary focus on luring tenants that are new to Arkansas (Apple, J. Crew, and Nike). Yet, it seems like they are lower there standards of being an upscale center to a mid price center. I agree that Home Goods should be located in shopping centers like the Kroger Marketplace Centre (where Marshall's currently resides at) or Shackleford Crossing. As for AT&T, I think the Little Rock market is over saturated with them and there is no need for another one to open. Even the restaurants selection seems a little disappointed to me (ex: why on earth did they open a Chinese restaurant when there are so many other Chinese restaurants across town that are just as good or better than the one at the Promenade). Many people I talked to said the only reason they go to the Promenade is to go to see a movie at the Chenal 9 IMAX theater and shop at Nike (which always be busy every time I visit the Promenade). My suggestion to the owner is to sell this shopping center to another national developer (ex: Simon) and hire new management team to turn this shopping center around.

...I would say also to shop at Apple.

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if stores like Apple, J. Crew and Anthropologie regret not going to Park Plaza now. It is more upscale than what the Promenade is shaping up to be.

Unfortunately, they would be a better fit at Park Plaza than the Promenade at Chenal.

I wonder if the Nike outlet would move to the planned Outlet Mall near Bass Pro Shop?

• 1 month later...

I'm a month late on this... But since the Nike store at the Promenade is not an outlet, I'm guessing no.

Nike Factory Store is basically the outlet store of Nike. Most of their stores are "factory stores" and many of those are in outlet malls. There are only a few actual Nike Stores and they're in major cities. 

Edited by thewizard16

• 1 month later...

Since half of that space is the AT&T store (yawn), the other 4,000 or so square foot must be divided among some really tiny stores. Not sure what those would be.

Godiva would be small enough, as would Teavana and Aveda. But all three are arguably better suited to a location with denser population.

The question is also who would prefer to be there as opposed to being in the main mall area? AT&T I can see, but I'm not sure who else. Maybe nails or eycare, but they have both of those already.

According to Arkansas Business, it will include "food and health and beauty" tenants.

Edited by adman0468

The question is also who would prefer to be there as opposed to being in the main mall area? AT&T I can see, but I'm not sure who else. Maybe nails or eycare, but they have both of those already.

According to Arkansas Business, it will include "food and health and beauty" tenants.

So now it's been announced as: AT&T, GNC, Boneheads Grill. The fourth space is not finalized.