The Promenade At Chenal

According to plumbing permits, Menchie's will be the fourth occupant of the outparcel under construction at the Promenade. If you're looking for something unique to the market, get this: It is frozen yogurt that you serve yourself! Then, you put the toppings on it and they charge you by the ounce! Pretty amazing stuff. If that doesn't get traffic to the mall as people pass Yogurt Mountain and Orange Leaf, I don't know what will.

Okay, seriously...how can there not be restaurant out parcels?!  Again, where is Pei Wei's second location if not here?

This is mostly a useless center

I agree. I don't even waste my time going there anymore due to the disappointment I see at the center. When Promenade at Chenal first open, it was a unique shopping center with exclusive retailers new to Arkansas (these stores still exists at the center) and the management put more effort into the quality of tenants there but lately it's becoming more of a traditional shopping center found elsewhere around the city. For example, why in a world would the center's leasing agent allow another yogurt store to open in the center when they already have an existing ice cream shop (Maggie's Moo). And again, why on earth would they allow Home Goods open a location there when that spot could of been occupied by another retailer/restaurant new to the market. Home Goods should of open in the Kroger Shopping Center where it's sister store, Marshall's, currently occupied or at Shackleford Crossing shopping center. I really hope another retail developer (General Growth Properties, New England Development, or heck even Simon) buy this shopping center and turn it around.

Let's hope the Outlets at Little Rock (under construction) can offered something unique to the city and not just another disappointing center in Little Rock. I bet Nike Outlet would move to the Outlets at Little Rock where there is more traffic and visibility from a major freeway once construction is finished.

Edited by ecity3138

I need to post this somewhere else, but in parallel with our Coach store closing a few weeks ago, I was googling Banana Republic locations - 2 in NWA, 1 in LR, etc.  However, I noticed that both in Jackson, MS and Shreveport, LA, NEITHER no longer have a standard BR location, only "factory" stores at a local outlet mall.  That is my biggest fear with our new outlet mall...what a travesty if it becomes a leech to Park Plaza, Promenade, etc.

I need to post this somewhere else, but in parallel with our Coach store closing a few weeks ago, I was googling Banana Republic locations - 2 in NWA, 1 in LR, etc. However, I noticed that both in Jackson, MS and Shreveport, LA, NEITHER no longer have a standard BR location, only "factory" stores at a local outlet mall. That is my biggest fear with our new outlet mall...what a travesty if it becomes a leech to Park Plaza, Promenade, etc.

That's a good point. It's questionable to see if the market can support existing stores in the Little Rock market and the outlet versions of these stores. Hopefully, the Outlets at Little Rock can open some stores that are unique to the market such as Off 5th Saks Outlet or Nordstrom Rack so it won't affect the standard stores. I heard rumors that Old Navy and Gap will open a store at the new outlet mall but I'm wondering what effect will it have at their existing locations.

I have heard that there will be an Off 5th Saks Outlet from a reliable source.  We will see.  I would LOVE to see a Nordstrom Rack!  It isn't out of the realm of possibility they do put them where there are no main stores.

It's not out of the realm for both to be located in the same center.  In the Palm Beach Outlets, which was developed by the same developer as the Outlets of Little Rock, both stores are present.

I've attached a link to a directory of the stores that opened at Palm Beach Outlets:

http://www.palmbeachoutlets.com/directory

It's not out of the realm for both to be located in the same center.  In the Palm Beach Outlets, which was developed by the same developer as the Outlets of Little Rock, both stores are present.

I've attached a link to a directory of the stores that opened at Palm Beach Outlets:

http://www.palmbeachoutlets.com/directory

As I mentioned previously, that center has both BR and Gap, and if that is duplicated in LR, you can kiss the mainline stores good bye...if that's the case, this is a bad deal for Little Rock.  All.  The.  Way.  Around.

BR Outlet and Gap Outlets don't carry the same things as the mall stores.  In fact, many of the items carried by the BR and Gap outlets are made specifically for those stores and never carried in the mall stores.  I can see where both could co-exist.  

Yet the fact remains that they do NOT both coexist in similar, regional markets.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

W by Azwell has closed. That was a big space, too. It was a small chain with stores in Memphis and Jackson and the website is no longer up, so I'm thinking it may have completely folded, not because of the mall. Still a sizable space to fill.

And I assume that Tipton Hurst was just a temporary fill? That's another large one to have vacant.

W by Azwell has closed. That was a big space, too. It was a small chain with stores in Memphis and Jackson and the website is no longer up, so I'm thinking it may have completely folded, not because of the mall. Still a sizable space to fill.

And I assume that Tipton Hurst was just a temporary fill? That's another large one to have vacant.

Another bad news for the Promenade. Seems like the Promenade is struggling to bring new to the market tenants at the center (other than Home Goods Store which is nothing special). Maybe an H&M store can take the former W By Azell space.

• 3 weeks later...

New to the market is what you wanted and that's what you'll get... The Promenade at Chenal is getting a Del Frisco's Grille. Here is a link to their website: http://delfriscosgrille.com/. If you pay attention to the locations, Little Rock is one of the smallest cities to get one.

That's big. Do we know where yet? I assume an outparcel?

That's big. Do we know where yet? I assume an outparcel?

It will mostly be located on the Outparcel portion of the Promenade at Chenal. All I can say is finally, after all these years, they bought something that is new to the market. Hope they can bring Cheesecake Factory but that won't happen.

I'm glad to see

It will mostly be located on the Outparcel portion of the Promenade at Chenal. All I can say is finally, after all these years, they bought something that is new to the market. Hope they can bring Cheesecake Factory but that won't happen.

I'm glad to see the outparcels filling up, but I really wish something would take the large empty portion of the building that houses DSW. That's a very large, empty spot that visually makes the center look vacant.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to see

I'm glad to see the outparcels filling up, but I really wish something would take the large empty portion of the building that houses DSW. That's a very large, empty spot that visually makes the center look vacant.

There is a plumbing permit for Verizon at 17807 Chenal Parkway, which puts it in an outparcel of the Promenade (and very close to the AT&T store that will open soon.

Not very exciting news for the center.