SF Pictures of the Day II

Charles Pearson

...The Hilton again with the top of the building cut-off to make it appear as if the HILTON goes on forever was taken by Thomas Rohnacher, my best friend. "Legally Blonde" was playing at Golden Gate theatre at the time; However, "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe" with Kathleen Turner as delicious Martha starts today at GGT through May 12...

SF Hilton & Towers is up Taylor Street in the heart of the THEATRE District...The skyscaper is 46 stories and was built in 1971; a second tower added in 1987 is 22 stories tall. Both Towers have a total of 1,911 rooms, making it the largest complex on the West Coast...

hilton_legally%20blonde.JPG

Edited by Zahc

...The Hilton again with the top of the building cut-off to make it appear as if the HILTON goes on forever was taken by Thomas Rohnacher, my best friend. "Legally Blonde" was playing at Golden Gate theatre at the time; However, "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe" with Kathleen Turner as delicious Martha starts today at GGT through May 12...

SF Hilton & Towers is up Taylor Street in the heart of the THEATRE District...The skyscaper is 46 stories and was built in 1971; a second tower added in 1987 is 22 stories tall. Both Towers have a total of 1,911 rooms, making it the largest complex on the West Coast...

hilton_legally%20blonde.JPG

that is a great shot of the hilton and it does look like it lasts forever... its pretty awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

they look nice, but im like you i get sick when spring blooms and all the pollen... it sucks kinda, but i rather have nice weather than crapty weather.

...which is where I've been the last few days...sick in bed...perhaps, i've now caught some kind of bug since everyone has been coughing and sneezing on BART & at work...

• 4 weeks later...

26 May 07

Houses/boats on Mission Bay...

ChinaBasin%20Houseboats%20II.JPG

House/boats of Mission Bay II

ChinaBasin_Houseboats.JPG

China Basin landing and a new apt. building on King...

China%20Basin.JPG

New apartment on Mission Bay...Talked with a woman who said she loved it there and it was place she would die; building in lower right is the new MISSION BAY Library Branch on 4th Street at King...Very nice branch!

New%20Apts.%20China%20Basin%20_Close%20UP.JPG

China Basin & AT&T Park, home of San Francisco GIANTS, from the 4th Street Drawbridge...

ATT%20Park%20on%20China%20Basin%20.JPG

Edited by Zahc

Mission Bay II

The Basin at Mission Bay...

TheBasin_MissionBay.jpg

Mission Bay Skyline from Mission Creek Park...with old Carmen restaurant pier & The Avalon Condos/Apts--upper right...

Mission%20Bay%20Skyline%20from%20MissionCreekPark.JPG

Misson Bay...

Mission%20Bay_Pier_Creek%20Park.JPG

Mission Creek Park/Mission Bay flowers at 4th Street Bridge...

4thStreet%20Bridge%20Flowers.JPG

The Embarcadero...: Rincon Annex and One Market Plaza Blgs...taken from the T-Third headed underground...

RinconAnex_and_1MarketPlaza.JPG

BART Civic Center/United Nations escalators seen from MUNI "Civic Center Station" Platform...

BART%20escalators.JPG

Edited by Zahc

lots of great stuff on this thread; keep it up! makes me want to get back out there.

here's a tiny little b/w i took in 2001 somewhere around montgomery & post (give or take a block):

514192042_6a62f3e6cd_o.jpg

. . . . . . .

sorry it's so small - i really love this pic, but it's from a low-res scan from 5 years ago, when the nicest scanner available to me was pretty lousy. back before digicams were in my price range...

lots of great stuff on this thread; keep it up! makes me want to get back out there.

here's a tiny little b/w i took in 2001 somewhere around montgomery & post (give or take a block):

514192042_6a62f3e6cd_o.jpg

. . . . . . .

sorry it's so small - i really love this pic, but it's from a low-res scan from 5 years ago, when the nicest scanner available to me was pretty lousy. back before digicams were in my price range...

That's a great pic of my favorite WELLS FARGO branch...The white marble interior with brass-colored highlights is even more impression as well as the bank's green marble tiles on the floor...The branch is actually located at 1 Grant Street & Market...near CompUSA and across the street from Four Seasons...

Edited by Zahc

...paddleboating on Mission Bay...

PaddleBoaters%20on%20Mission%20Bay%20San%20Francisco.jpg

...T-Third on King Street with Rincon Tower commanding the skyline South of Market Street...

RinconTower_Standing%20Tall.JPG

...2nd & King T-Third & J-Church MUNI stop outside of AT&T Park...

2ndandKingSOMA.JPG

...Grove Steet office rooftop, back of 1000 block of Market Street buildings & highrises seen from San Francisco Main Library, 4th Floor...

Market%20Street%20Bldg%20and%20rooftops.JPG

Edited by Zahc

The Palms Group, Dolores Park near 20th...

IMG_0676.jpg

The Sculptered Tree near pedestrian overpass to Church Street, Dolores Park...

IMG_0697.jpg

J-Church Street Car passing abandoned MUNI stop, Dolores Park...

IMG_0713-1.jpg

Three-Bearded Palms, Dolores Park heading down to 18th Street...

IMG_0710.jpg

Church Street House & MUNI lines, Dolores Park...

IMG_0714.jpg

Top of Sutro Tower covered in the fog & the browning of Twin Peaks...means the coldness of a SF summer is approachingIMG_0724.jpg

Dolores Street palms, St. Matthews German Lutheran "green" steeple & Notre Dame Plaza cupola (?), Dolores at 17th Street...

IMG_0725.jpg

Notre Dame Plaza, Dolores Street...

IMG_0727-1.jpg

...corner of Notre Dame & St. Matthews fronting 16th Street at Dolores...

IMG_0729.jpg

Edited by Zahc

...San Francisco: Some sunlight has attempted to break through the greyness that's been most of the weekend...More Mission High near where I live since today I am feeling kind of old and nostalgic...Today, June 3, marks the 30th Anniversary of my graduation from Johnsonville High School in lower eastern Florence County, SC, and said farewell to eighty-three friends and mates I'd known since kindergarten...

Dolores Street side of MHS...

IMG_0723.jpg

Front entrance of MHS, 18th Street across from Dolores Park...

IMG_0719.jpg

The branch is actually located at 1 Grant Street & Market...near CompUSA and across the street from Four Seasons...

doh! i blame the girl in the photo - at the time my little california GF, who had written 'montgomery / post' on the back of my photo. i should verify this stuff before i post. - thanks!

and congrats for stacking this thread with great photos, all. an SF photo thread never gets old...

• 2 weeks later...

...some photos taken east of Castro Street, Wed., 13 June 07, around 1500 hours...

...Rainbow flag in the Sun outside of Walgreens, Market Street between Church & 15th

IMG_0736.jpg

...Sanchez Hill from Sanchez Street near Market...

IMG_0740.jpg

...looking down Market and east past towering Ads to the Civic Center high-rises in distance...

IMG_0741.jpg

Edited by Zahc