Future Skyline Rendering

"Back to the Future II" was on today, and it was funny because in it's version of 2015 there were flying cars and working holographic technology. That movie was made in 1989 and so I felt kind of old, anyway, no one's renderings here have a landing pad or "sky depot"... ;)

"Back to the Future II" was on today, and it was funny because in it's version of 2015 there were flying cars and working holographic technology. That movie was made in 1989 and so I felt kind of old, anyway, no one's renderings here have a landing pad or "sky depot"... ;)

"Where were going, we don't need roads"...I love that line

Seriously though, great work on all the renderings, I am excited to see the change of our skyline firsthand

• 1 month later...

Sorry to double post, but I forgot this thread existed when I posted these pictures in the Charlotte Skyline Shots area.

Here is Charlotte in 2010 or so. Thanks again to Mobuchu for providing the original pictures. Enjoy!

charlotte2010.jpg

Here is another angle. I had trouble with some of the buildings angles, but you get the idea...

Charlotte 2010 or so

charlotte2010_2.jpg

I have to say that that first rendering you posted is simply amazing.

I don't know where you found that pic of the new Wachovia tower, or if you drew it yourself, but is really impressive and elegant from that angle. I was never a big fan of that tower, but seing it like that in the skyline makes me dream : it just fits perfectly, it almost seems more impressive than BofA. You've just made me almost love the new Wachovia tower, so kudos for that! ;)

Thanks for the compliments. It really is a exciting time to be in Charlotte, and I can't wait to see views like those become a reality.
After falling in love with the city this past weekend (my first visit), I gotta say, those renderings are absolutely amazing to look at, and I'm doing everything I can to ensure I end up in Charlotte once I finish up my degree out here in Virginia Beach.

To dA, you got some absurd talents for 3d modeling man, amazing amazing stuff.

One more rendering. This time Charlotte looking sharp in 2010 or so at night. Thanks to Mobuchu for providing the original picture.

charlotte3_2010.jpg

Just curious -- where did the tallest building on the left come from (the cylindrical one)? I know that this is meant to represent the Trump tower, but there has been no rendering released yet. Is this a rendering of another Trump tower from a different city?

Oh, and awesome renderings btw.

Thanks. To answer your question yes it is supposed to be Trump Charlotte, and is it really a Trump building? Yes and no. The right side is Trump Toronto with a spire added. The left side is Onyx2 in Miami. It is just fantasy building of course because I had no real Trump Charlotte rendering to go by.

Edited by Ryepow

• 4 weeks later...

In order to consolidate the two rendering threads, I'll add mine onto this one rather than keeping two different ones going at once.

updates: Encore, Citadin (new design,) 3rd Ward Novare office building (although I don't think it's visible in these,) and the new Lincoln Harris parking deck. I still need a better rendering of Twelve to work on it some more.

2011:

panoramic:

CharlotteRendering10-13-07fromwest.jpg

from north

centerCharlotteRendering10-13-07fro.jpg

from southwest

CharlotteRendering10-13-07fromsouth.jpg

Present:

CharlotteRenderingBefore.jpg

2000:

CharlotteRendering2000.jpg

1990:

CharlotteRendering1990.jpg

as I noted in the aforementioned thread, the low rises and such that were demolished in the wake of newer buildings are not in these renderings as I do not have the means or the patience to create all of these for the past renderings as well.

Thanks guys, and as a 3-D reference of uptown construction since 2000, here's a color-coded map of uptown (give or take some lowrises)

color-codeduptownCharlotte2011.jpg

WHITE: Buildings built before 2000 or lowrises I forgot to highlight

GREEN: Buildings constructed thus far this decade

YELLOW: Buildings/complexes currently under construction

RED: Currently proposed, pending, rumored, or planned projects not presently under construction

My loose definition of "under construction" is dirt having been moved or equipment on site in the sake of construction, not just soil sampling.

Edited by aussie luke

• 1 month later...