Cabela's coming to Bellevue Center?

James Owen

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cabela's is a decently known brand name in sporting goods. I don't know how it will go over in Bellevue though, seeing how Dick's just went in @ Nashville West.

It is apparently replacing Dillard's too... not going in by it.

Cabela's has been scouting the Nashville area for some time. They looked briefly at Kingston Springs (11 miles west of Bellevue) and I helped put together a little marketing package for the City. Apparently they were impressed, but not enough to locate in KS, however. They wanted a population of 2,000,000 within 50 miles, but there's only tumbleweeds and cacti to the west of Nashville so I came up with about 1 and 1/2 million within 50 miles. Close enough I guess.

They mostly seem to like the idea I promoted that the recreational market for the Land Between the Lakes region will be better served on the west side of town.

I'm probably giving myself way too much credit for this new tenent at Bellevue Center, but what the hey. I think it's the first sign in a long time that the mall may survive, but in a different form.

Just watch out for the $25 - $100 Million in tax incentives they'll be looking for, because they'll claim to be "more than just a sporting goods store, but a regional tourist destination and taxidermy museum". :silly: I'm sure they'll say "Cabela's will draw xxx Million visitors, more than (insert Tennessee's biggest tourist attraction here)".

This is a good site about Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's and their need for tax credits to get their businesses to run, despite no other retailers including their biggest competitor Gander Mountain, nor Wal-Mart, asking for these kinds of handouts:

http://sayno2outdoorsretailsubsidies.blogspot.com/

They want to build a Cabela's North of Grand Rapids, and are looking for $15 - $25 Million in tax incentives to build on a greenfield site in a new lifestyle center. So far, the municipality and State aren't budging. :thumbsup:

They do bring a lot of retail business, but they should stick to playing on a level playing field.

Cabela's has been scouting the Nashville area for some time. They looked briefly at Kingston Springs (11 miles west of Bellevue) and I helped put together a little marketing package for the City. Apparently they were impressed, but not enough to locate in KS, however. They wanted a population of 2,000,000 within 50 miles, but there's only tumbleweeds and cacti to the west of Nashville so I came up with about 1 and 1/2 million within 50 miles. Close enough I guess.

They mostly seem to like the idea I promoted that the recreational market for the Land Between the Lakes region will be better served on the west side of town.

I'm probably giving myself way too much credit for this new tenent at Bellevue Center, but what the hey. I think it's the first sign in a long time that the mall may survive, but in a different form.

Growing up in Dickson, we went to Bellevue Mall all the time. It is such a shame to see it go down like it has. However, the residents have been so opposed to any other commercial development for so long that it cannot survive.

Rumor has it if Dillard's is ever able to leave, Macy's would follow the next day.

The Mall couldn't survive both main anchors leaving.

My guess is that if Cabela's is coming, it would be part of an overall

redevelopment project.

Perhaps Cabela's builds in the main front parking area with a 2-3 level garage in the rear of the Mall.

Any major new tenant would want visability.

Just watch out for the $25 - $100 Million in tax incentives they'll be looking for, because they'll claim to be "more than just a sporting goods store, but a regional tourist destination and taxidermy museum". :silly: I'm sure they'll say "Cabela's will draw xxx Million visitors, more than (insert Tennessee's biggest tourist attraction here)".

This is a good site about Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's and their need for tax credits to get their businesses to run, despite no other retailers including their biggest competitor Gander Mountain, nor Wal-Mart, asking for these kinds of handouts:

http://sayno2outdoorsretailsubsidies.blogspot.com/

They want to build a Cabela's North of Grand Rapids, and are looking for $15 - $25 Million in tax incentives to build on a greenfield site in a new lifestyle center. So far, the municipality and State aren't budging. :thumbsup:

They do bring a lot of retail business, but they should stick to playing on a level playing field.

Archived