The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Kettle patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...

Hopefully there will be one of these when I come back home for a visit in January. It'll only be my 2nd forum meeting I've attended and really wanna see the progress. And, where is this place at, gimmie an intersection.

We are still holding the meetings starting around 10:00 AM on the first Saturday of every month at Provence, which is the coffee shop in the Public Library. The coffee shop is located at the SE corner of Church and 6th and there are doors on both streets. We look forward to seeing you there in January!

Please note that the location is back at Provance Bread in the library on Church Street. Some of the old core people that do not post still come as well as the old folks like "Its Just Dave". Did I say old, I meant ancient. Just kidding Dave..BTW, Hope you are doing good. :fun::lol: . We have not had any new blood for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a reminder about the meet this Saturday @ 10 am at Provence in the Main Library DT on Church St. I do know there will be an update on Siggy from William. There may be no news or some news but an update at least.

I plan to be there. I'm looking forward after a few month's absence.

Good meet today adn thanks for showing up.

We had about a dozen, including Bzorch and another from the Charrette, WW, myself, producer2, jaxboro, skyscrapergeek and company, Hankster, bwithers, and nashvegas.

We had an update on 1808 West End which is a 15 story office building being converted to another hotel, the Eakin twins towers property will be vacant in Feb 09 for the possible start of that project. Best One tires will relocate their retail entity to West End and the warehouse goes to Murfreesboro Rd. Lake Palmer still has water flowing into it which may be a spring. We dont know for sure. I did talk to someone with Bovis Land lease adn he said they would start on the actual construction very soon.

WW updated on the Siggy, but I am sorry to say we cannot say anything right now other than Tony G. is doing all possible to make this baby rise.

We had a lengthy discussion on the new Convention Center. The only news is that there may be news in a couple of weeks and I didn't know that a hotel company had bought land on the Greyhound side for a hotel. So there may be two large hotels to accompany the center.

Edited by smeagolsfree

We had a lengthy discussion on the new Convention Center. The only news is that there may be news in a couple of weeks and I didn't know that a hotel company had bought land on the Greyhound side for a hotel. So there may be two large hotels to accompany the center.

Was there any discussion on how/when the design team will be selected? Will there still be a design competition?

• 3 weeks later...

Forum Meet Saturday February 2nd @ Provence in the Library building on Church St.

Time 10:00 AM for the early birds and we shoot the crap till about 10:30 till we officially get started. Please give me a heads up on this board or PM to let me know if you are coming. I try to gather enough tables and chairs ahead of time.

I am sure some of the guys from NC will show as well

Thanks

Ron

Pics Part 2

The almost complete Encore

IMG_4993.jpg

The Pinnacle site

In relation to the Symphony Hall and The Encore

IMG_4992.jpg

Note the hose in the top of the john

IMG_4998.jpg

It runs to the very top of the crane to the left

IMG_4994.jpg

The site

IMG_4997.jpg

IMG_4996.jpg

IMG_4999.jpg

IMG_5005.jpg

The sit of the Westin / right on the other side of the bridge from the Pinnacle. It would be where the 3 story brick building is.

IMG_5001.jpg

Daves favorite view.

IMG_5009.jpg

Just for fun

IMG_5008.jpg

IMG_5011.jpg

IMG_4986.jpg

IMG_4987.jpg

IMG_4971.jpg

IMG_5015.jpg

Nashville's next STAR

IMG_5013.jpg

Where's my dang hair! Geez, no wonder I wear that silly cap.

I had a great time today, guys. It was, as always, good to see everyone. We had a beautiful morning for a nice walk around town and Ron, great pictures as always. Just think how nice things will look with a few more stories added to some projects and the trees and flowers out in the spring.

Anyone else see a meet at the Panera in our future? Sure love that outdoor dining area.