NCAA Football

TennBear

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dreaded trap game looking ahead to the 4th ranked Florida Gators no excuse; LSU went into the unusual 11:00am start sleepwalking in the 1st half & a sloppy 12 penalties! Give Tulane credit with their Appalachain St. speech; LSU took control rolling in the 2nd half, winning 34-9. Hopefully got that out of their system before facing #4Florida, #14 Kentucky, Auburn, and #22 Alabama.

Look at the BIG 12 today....

*Colorado has just upset #3 or 4(which poll?) Oklahoma 27-24!

*Kansas State just returned kickoff for TD; ahead of ranked- Texas 21-14 in the 2nd qtr.

#11 Boston College only beat the mighty Minutemen of U.Mass 24-14.

Alabama vs. Florida State should be a interesting matchup!

Florida plays Auburn tonight! That was the Gators ONLY LOSS last year, look for some revenge vs. struggling Auburn!!

Oregon vs. Cal should be entertaining!! Only 10-3 at the half; suprising low score.

The dreaded trap game looking ahead to the 4th ranked Florida Gators no excuse; LSU went into the unusual 11:00am start sleepwalking in the 1st half & a sloppy 12 penalties! Give Tulane credit with their Appalachain St. speech; LSU took control rolling in the 2nd half, winning 34-9. Hopefully got that out of their system before facing #4Florida, #14 Kentucky, Auburn, and #22 Alabama.

Look at the BIG 12 today....

*Colorado has just upset #3 or 4(which poll?) Oklahoma 27-24!

*Kansas State just returned kickoff for TD; ahead of ranked- Texas 21-14 in the 2nd qtr.

#11 Boston College only beat the mighty Minutemen of U.Mass 24-14.

Alabama vs. Florida State should be a interesting matchup!

Florida plays Auburn tonight! That was the Gators ONLY LOSS last year, look for some revenge vs. struggling Auburn!!

Oregon vs. Cal should be entertaining!! Only 10-3 at the half; suprising low score.

Beat me to it, some great games so far. My school had a scare at homecoming today but luckily we pulled it out. But overall a lot of nice upsets, this is why i love college football. the MSU and UW game is a great one so far.

Well then dgreco you probably loved today! What a CRAZY Saturday!!!

#3 Florida LOST to Auburn on a game ending FG 20-17; remember Auburn already lost to Mississippi State.

#4 Oklahoma blew a big lead; LOST to Colorado 27-24.

#5 West Virginia LOST to USF 21-13; look for USF to climb into the Top 10 for the first time in history; and the program is only 11 years old!

#7(overrated) Texas got smacked in their own backyard by K-State 41-21!

#10 Rutgers LOST to Maryland!

#1 USC survived a bit of a scare; beat Washington 27-24.

#11Oregon - #6 Cal had a great finish near the end zone; Cal hung on 31-24.

Florida State beat Alabama 21-14.

Yeah another crazy week of football. Even teams like Florida and Oklahoma that looked so strong earlier went down. I'm really curious to see what the polls will look like. It looks like South Florida should jump into the top ten. Not sure where all these one loss teams are going to be placed or arranged.

Well then dgreco you probably loved today! What a CRAZY Saturday!!!

#3 Florida LOST to Auburn on a game ending FG 20-17; remember Auburn already lost to Mississippi State.

#4 Oklahoma blew a big lead; LOST to Colorado 27-24.

#5 West Virginia LOST to USF 21-13; look for USF to climb into the Top 10 for the first time in history; and the program is only 11 years old!

#7(overrated) Texas got smacked in their own backyard by K-State 41-21!

#10 Rutgers LOST to Maryland!

#1 USC survived a bit of a scare; beat Washington 27-24.

#11Oregon - #6 Cal had a great finish near the end zone; Cal hung on 31-24.

Florida State beat Alabama 21-14.

Yes, it was a great day for college football, i loved it and hope the upsets continue next week. Don't forget the Penn St. UI game... know psu is overrated but who thought illinois would be this good so far.

LSU ended up overtaking USC in the AP polls. Although USC held a slight edge in the Coach's poll. Quite a bit of movement in the polls, in particular the AP.

I think BC and Kentuckey are the surprising huge moves. I think USF is right where they belong. I also found it interesting Miami is still on the outside looking in. The only lose to OK and they have looked good.

Kentucky's move up to #8 is very surprising. I think they might be a little bit overrated since they have only played one SEC team so far this year, and their non-conference games haven't been spectacular teams except perhaps Louisville. I don't think a win over Florida Atlantic really amounts to much (especially not 6 spots) even though it was by a wide margin. I think USC will put them in the right spot on Thursday. It will be a close game though, as USC hasn't been spectacular this year even though their ranking (#11) might say othewise.

Thanks to a bevy of upsets, #3 OU lost to Colorado, #4 Florida lost to Auburn, #5 WVU lost to USF, #7 Texas gets blasted by KSU, #10 Rutgers lost to Maryland, #13 Clemson lost to GT, and so on, my Ohio State Buckeyes by crushing Minny like they were supposed to, moved up to #4, while Cal moved to #3.

Some of my Washington friends told me they thought OSU was better than USC b/c OSU beat them soundly and USC really struggled. It just goes to show you the crazyness of college football. 2 outstanding teams lost, and it could have cost them a national title. This is why I'd rather see an 8/16 team playoff. This is also why they shouldn't put out pre-season ratings. No one knows how the season is going to play out, and if you start off too low in the polls, you need the teams in front of you to lose even if you are winning.

Thanks to a bevy of upsets, #3 OU lost to Colorado, #4 Florida lost to Auburn, #5 WVU lost to USF, #7 Texas gets blasted by KSU, #10 Rutgers lost to Maryland, #13 Clemson lost to GT, and so on, my Ohio State Buckeyes by crushing Minny like they were supposed to, moved up to #4, while Cal moved to #3.

Some of my Washington friends told me they thought OSU was better than USC b/c OSU beat them soundly and USC really struggled. It just goes to show you the crazyness of college football. 2 outstanding teams lost, and it could have cost them a national title. This is why I'd rather see an 8/16 team playoff. This is also why they shouldn't put out pre-season ratings. No one knows how the season is going to play out, and if you start off too low in the polls, you need the teams in front of you to lose even if you are winning.

I think the most surprising thing was about how many of those games were homegames, looks like 80,000 screaming fans doesnt mean a think if you arent scared.

I alsoagree Kentuckey is overrated they beat Louisville who stinks. I also think that Cincy is for real and UConn is a decent team, I think UConn will fall back.

This AP Poll that now ranks LSU #1 was the same AP that crowned USC #1 back in 04'; eventhough LSU won the BCS Title that year. Making them so called "Co"-National Champs.

The Coaches Poll still has USC#1 and LSU#2. LSU's next two opponets in Top 10.

I can't believe Auburn beat Florida again! Hard to imagine Florida losing two in a row; but they are 8 point underdogs vs. LSU. Hard to imagine Kentucky ranked that highly(#8);

Cincy is the sleeper; being in the Big East I'm not sure they fall into the "Mid Major" category.

This AP Poll that now ranks LSU #1 was the same AP that crowned USC #1 back in 04'; eventhough LSU won the BCS Title that year. Making them so called "Co"-National Champs.

The Coaches Poll still has USC#1 and LSU#2. LSU's next two opponets in Top 10.

I can't believe Auburn beat Florida again! Hard to imagine Florida losing two in a row; but they are 8 point underdogs vs. LSU. Hard to imagine Kentucky ranked that highly(#8);

Cincy is the sleeper; being in the Big East I'm not sure they fall into the "Mid Major" category.

is Cincy this years Rutgers? Could they be USF's achilles heel and ruin the USF national title chances? If LSU loses it opens a lot of doors, I think we can see South Car, Kentucky, LSU, Florida, etc. all fight for a chance, and then you have teams like USC, CAL, USF, OSU fighting it could be a crazy year, if LSU wins I can see them closing one of the doors up.

At this point, I don't know if we are going to have anyone finish the year undefeated. LSU and USC are probably the most likely to do so, but they both face major challenges ahead. LSU still has #9 Florida, #8 Kentucky, Auburn, Alabama and Arkansas to contend with, although several of those are at home. USC has to deal with #3 Cal, #14 Oregon, #18 Arizona St and UCLA, all except UCLA on the road. I think a lot will get sorted out this weekend with OU-Texas, Florida-LSU and others.

Ohioian, IMO the the pre-season polls don't hurt too much. Any BCS conference team who beats everyone will be in the top 5 at the end of the year, probably in the top 2, since most years not more than two teams run the table. Where it really gets tricky is when a whole slew of teams lose once, as we saw last year. I would like to see an 8 team playoff with the 6 conference champions and next two highest ranked schools.

Cincy might be this years Rutgers and Hawaii might be the 2007 version of Boise St.

Yeah I think this could be a year where at least one of the teams in the National Championship has a loss. We could even end up with a National Champion that has a loss. Although I do agree that USC and LSU have the best chances. Even though they've had some struggles, they've so far done what it takes to win. My biggest concern is if it keep happening. Eventually you won't be able to scrape by one of those opponents.

Yeah I think this could be a year where at least one of the teams in the National Championship has a loss. We could even end up with a National Champion that has a loss. Although I do agree that USC and LSU have the best chances. Even though they've had some struggles, they've so far done what it takes to win. My biggest concern is if it keep happening. Eventually you won't be able to scrape by one of those opponents.

I would really enjoy to see some new faces in the national championship. Right now I am rooting for a UK USF NC game, I think the USC's, LSU's, Big Ten schools that rotation is boring. Even OU is boring, I liked seeing Boise State play a big game, I hope Hawaii gets a big game, that makes college football fun, parity.

I would really enjoy to see some new faces in the national championship. Right now I am rooting for a UK USF NC game, I think the USC's, LSU's, Big Ten schools that rotation is boring. Even OU is boring, I liked seeing Boise State play a big game, I hope Hawaii gets a big game, that makes college football fun, parity.

That may be true to some people, but not to fans of the aforementioned schools like I am w/ OSU, or others are w/ LSU, OU, Florida, or USC.

That may be true to some people, but not to fans of the aforementioned schools like I am w/ OSU, or others are w/ LSU, OU, Florida, or USC.

Well as being a person who attends a DII transitioning to DIFCS I have no allegiance to any team so for me yes, for those others oh well :D

That would be fun. I'd like to see USF make it to the Championship too. UK is overrated. Even if they don't loose to USC on Thursday, they will get beaten by other SEC East teams. Probably Georgia, definitely Florida.

This should be a great Weekend of College Football!!

Starting Thursday Night:

#8 Kentucky (5-0, 1-0 SEC) at #11 South Carolina (4-1, 2-1 SEC),

***Saturday's Key Matchup's ****

#9 Florida (4-1, 2-1 SEC) at #1 LSU (5-0, 2-0 SEC)

#19 Texas (4-1, 0-1 Big 12) vs. #10 Oklahoma (4-1, 0-1 Big 12) in Dallas

#4 Ohio State (5-0, 2-0 Big Ten) at #23 Purdue (5-0, 1-0 Big Ten)

#21 Rutgers (4-1, 0-0 Big East) at #20 Cincinnati (5-0, 0-0 Big East)

#25 Nebraska (4-1, 1-0 Big 12) at #17 Missouri (4-0, 0-0 Big 12)

#15 Virginia Tech (4-1, 1-0 ACC) at #22 Clemson (4-1, 2-1 ACC)

# 5 Wisconsin (5-0, 2-0 Big Ten) at Illinois (4-1, 2-0 Big Ten)

#12 Georgia (4-1, 2-1 SEC) at Tennessee (2-2, 0-1 SEC)

Starting Thursday Night:

Ahhh, what a wonderful line up.

USC over UK

LSU over Florida

Oklahoma over Texas

Ohio State over Purdue

Rutgers over Cincy

Nebraska over Missouri

V Tech over Clemson

Wisc over Illinois

Tenn over UGA

For rankings??

USC and Florida will switch

UK will fall to 13

LSU will be 1 of course

Tex will fall to 23

Oklahoma will move to 8

Ohio State won't budge

Purdue will drop out of the rankings

Rutgers will be 18

Cincy will no longer be with us

Nebraska will move up to 20

Missouri will fall to 24

V Tech will move to 12

Clemson will move out

Wisc will not budge

UGA will fall to 21

Tenn, who knows

Auburn will break in

FSU will as well

Edited by Alabadrock

Starting Thursday Night:

This should be a great weekend, lots of big games with national title implications!

S Carolina over Kentucky

LSU over Florida

Oklahoma over Texas

Ohio St over Purdue

Cincinatti over Rutgers

Mizzou over Nebraska

Clemson over Virginia Tech

Wisconsin over Illinois

Georgia over Tennessee

This should be a great weekend, lots of big games with national title implications!

S Carolina over Kentucky

LSU over Florida

Oklahoma over Texas

Ohio St over Purdue

Cincinatti over Rutgers

Mizzou over Nebraska

Clemson over Virginia Tech

Wisconsin over Illinois

Georgia over Tennessee

I'd probably choose Rutgers over Cinci.

Nebraska over Missouri.

Virginia Tech over Clemson

(even though Clemson took advantage of my Seminoles in the first half of that matchup, I don't think they were the better team)

The rest of your picks I'll agree with torgo.