Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

OK, today I went on a little journey in mainly 3rd Ward of uptown, snapping shots, and getting a photo update for the Wachovia-South Tryon site, Catalyst, as well as a few other shots including where Church St cracked, from ground/pedestrian level. Since it's a Sunday, there weren't many people on the streets, and I should have gotten some familiar but good pictures for your enjoyment and an educational update. I will post some of the updates in their assigned post (Wachovia Building, Catalyst, 300 S. Tryon), but feel free to take a look at some of my other shots from today.

The link to today's photos are located here...

http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/A...tte%2008-26-07/

From here you can click the respective sub album from today.

To add a few "photo's of the day", here are my favorite from the day...

Ratcliff at the Green with Wachovia building in the background...

Uptown012.jpg

Always a classic, the famous Charlotte Directional sign at The Green...

Uptown011.jpg

The Green underground parking garage listed with Ratcliff at The Green in the background...

Uptown007.jpg

The City of Change... The new Wachovia construction site glaring 20 feet above street level, with the current Wachovia buildings and condo (Ratcliff) in the background...

Uptown002.jpg

And last, Brevard Court with Wachovia in the background...

Uptown035.jpg

Sunset Gas

1245183477_520abb7e64_o.jpg

Hula Crossing

1246041964_fda6e0e96a_o.jpg

I Heart Dust

1245183289_01f4ff70d0.jpg

Yummy!

1245182357_db3a4ec785_o.jpg

Builder's Building Through Stone

1246040672_365d154584_o.jpg

Backlight

1246037502_72460187ac_o.jpg

I have a dream that one day little white skater boys and little black skater boys will wax granite together. And black boys and black boys will hold hands together. And weird old white people will relive the 20s. And all of them will walk together on streets named after me.

1245183943_fb0a134c8e_o.jpg

My digital rebel and tripod is somewhere in storage due to hurried and unorganized moving. Then my gf dropped my Olympus so there is a matchstick holding the battery in, but I got it all working so here is my awful photo of the day.

P8290049.jpg

I had to steady hand this so its not a great pic at all. Not to mention there were cars behind me, and a cop staring me down.

Edited by Guest