Charlotte Knights AAA Ballpark in Third Ward

dubone

A random beer/Knights Stadium related note: The stadium now carries Omission (gluten free-ish) beer. This is the first time I have seen a GF beer offering at any of Charlotte's sport stadiums.  My wife has Celiac so this is big and exciting news to her (and please no lecture on how it isn't 100% GF...we have done our research and know exactly what it is).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Charlotte Knights planning mixed-use office building at ballpark

The Charlotte Knights aren’t planning to build a hotel anymore on a grassy strip at BB&T BallPark uptown. Instead, they’re planning a six-story office building with a terrace to view the stadium, more seats, a year-round restaurant and underground parking.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article22342617.html#storylink=cpy

Charlotte Knights planning mixed-use office building at ballpark

The Charlotte Knights aren’t planning to build a hotel anymore on a grassy strip at BB&T BallPark uptown. Instead, they’re planning a six-story office building with a terrace to view the stadium, more seats, a year-round restaurant and underground parking.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article22342617.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.charlotteagenda.com/4670/breaking-bbt-ballparks-grassy-hill-in-left-field-is-getting-a-makeover/

Whoops forgot to post it here.....the agenda reported on it last week ;)

• Like 1

sounds similar to the restaurant/bar overlooking the durham park. you can have dinner and a drink overlooking the field without even buying a ticket or you can buy a ticket and stand right over the field, only feet in front of the "partition" separating the restaurant from the stadium.   hugely popular...this will be very very cool if done right.

img_0689.jpg

Edited by BullDurhamer
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/queen_city_agenda/2014/12/charlotte-knights-adding-seats-for-2015.html

Knights adding 235 seats as well as a few other tweaks (hopefully beer prices for those who complain ;) )

I know some like to complain about the beer prices. I went to two games the past week and bought a few $11 mason jar's of local craft (birdsong and triple c).  

$11 and people are saying "Oh my god that is SOOO expensive!" Well I took my mason jar home and filled it up. 24oz. That is $5.50 per 12oz for something like Triple C 3C IPA.  That my friends is not bad, not bad at all. 

I know some like to complain about the beer prices. I went to two games the past week and bought a few $11 mason jar's of local craft (birdsong and triple c).  

$11 and people are saying "Oh my god that is SOOO expensive!" Well I took my mason jar home and filled it up. 24oz. That is $5.50 per 12oz for something like Triple C 3C IPA.  That my friends is not bad, not bad at all. 

Not to mention a free drinking vessel to last the ages!

these same people will pay $13.50(!!!) for a f****g can of coors light at pnc/verizon/blockbuster pavilion 

• 3 weeks later...

One thing that is very interesting about these ballgames is that they do successfully add to the pedestrian activity and the urban feeling of this part of 3rd Ward, but I have noticed that many of them are probably used to coming to the area for NFL games and don't realize that the streets are not closed down for baseball like they are for the football games.  

So people just jaywalk like crazy in front of cars.  

I am very much for pedestrian freedom and pedestrian right of way, and I "jaywalk" all the time, but if I am jaywalking, I never expect an automobile to stop in the middle of the street while I cross.   This has happened to me as a driver many times during the baseball games, on busy Graham street.   They will just cross without looking and at random.    I worry that some day someone will not stop in time.

Last night I had to stop in a hurry 3 times.  Once for people crossing in the crosswalk on a Don't Walk, once for someone stepping out into the street without looking to bypass the closed sidewalk.  And once for people crossing midblock.  Very scary.  

CMPD's enforcement of jaywalking is zero to none. I have had many close calls around the Ball Park as well. It is also really bad around Presbyterian hospital on Randolph and by CTC. Also turning vehicles fail to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians when they have a walk sign.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...