Charlotte Knights AAA Ballpark in Third Ward

dubone

• 1 month later...

Big announcement is that UNC and USC will play a game at BB&T Ballpark in 2016 and 2017.  At this rate, no one is going pay attention when they actually have something exciting to announce.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20151028&content_id=155799338&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_t494&sid=t494

yeah haha I was at the event and was just coming to say never mind. Not a huge deal but that will absolutely sell out. And anything like that is good for the stadium 

• Like 1

Definitely a non-issue for UP, but it's good for the stadium.

I'm biased, but I'd love to see that match up every year. USC plays the Clemson series in 3 locations each year (home, home, and rotating neutral site). It would be cool to have the same set up with North Carolina, keeping the neutral site in Charlotte.

Definitely a non-issue for UP, but it's good for the stadium.

I'm biased, but I'd love to see that match up every year. USC plays the Clemson series in 3 locations each year (home, home, and rotating neutral site). It would be cool to have the same set up with North Carolina, keeping the neutral site in Charlotte.

I completely agree.  I hope the Knights recruit more regional college teams to play at BB&T Ballpark.  And I'm cautiously optimistic Charlotte will land the ACC Baseball Championship in a rotation at some point as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

http://files.charlottecentercity.org/July-2015-Development-Report.pdf

I don't recall anyone mentioning the outfield parcel will be 6 floors of office, underground parking and a roof top terrace &  a  restaurant 

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/4670/breaking-bbt-ballparks-grassy-hill-in-left-field-is-getting-a-makeover/

yup, way back in may

• 4 weeks later...

From Friday's Biz Journal discussing the building of an office building in Left Field:

The Third Ward area around the baseball stadium has become a hub for development and newly opened apartments in the past few years. And at least one developer is considering another residential project near the ballpark, though a final decision has not been made.

Is that one residential developer David Furman and Home Plate?

55 minutes ago, DMann said:

From Friday's Biz Journal discussing the building of an office building in Left Field:

The Third Ward area around the baseball stadium has become a hub for development and newly opened apartments in the past few years. And at least one developer is considering another residential project near the ballpark, though a final decision has not been made.

Is that one residential developer David Furman and Home Plate?

That is correct.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Much wider variety of craft beer at the ballpark this year. In addition to everything from last year I saw Sugar Creek, Catawba, Birdsong (jalapeño cans), natty grrens, and quite a few other unrecognized taps. 

I think beer prices are unchanged from last year ($11 craft Mason jars). Cans of hopdrop from the walking vendors remain a great deal at $8!

3 hours ago, kermit said:

Much wider variety of craft beer at the ballpark this year. In addition to everything from last year I saw Sugar Creek, Catawba, Birdsong (jalapeño cans), natty grrens, and quite a few other unrecognized taps. 

I think beer prices are unchanged from last year ($11 craft Mason jars). Cans of hopdrop from the walking vendors remain a great deal at $8!

They've always had a pretty good selection IMO.  Their concessions are on point considering it's a minor league baseball park.  

Just wish they could fix their Thirsty Thursday promotion . . . it's a horrible value.  I used to work in Mississippi (2010-2013), and theirs was 32oz souvenir cup for $1.  BOOM!

Edited by alb1no panther

• 2 months later...