Baton Rouge Coffee House

dan326

I know that BR applied for Google Fiber a few years ago an I'm sure it will be one of the next few cities. City leaders just need to push for it. 

They need to push for Google Fiber and maybe a city network, but how well would that go down with the voters here? I'm sure many would spin it as the government trying to spy on us. 

• 4 weeks later...

The other day I was going to rhetorically ask why they keep the state capital building looking so dirty but I drove by recently and they where cleaning it off.

On a similar note, that squat looking building being turned into a Holiday Inn Express has been cleaned and almost looks unrecognizable. Now all that needs to be done is to have the Governmental building washed.

• Like 1

Thanks for the head's up...I started the EBRATS thread on UP way back & has not been a post since 13'...will have to check it out!

Glad to see that building finally be put to use again! Just thought it could have been better used for office space or location for new downtown library branch.  Just doesn't scream hotel at that site on North Blvd..esp  with new Courtyard by Marriott set to begin a few blocks away. & Hilton & Indigo nearby.

I realize they wanted to reach the 1,000 room bench mark for the River Center...just thought they'd go about it a different way with a legit high-rise convention-style hotel with a striking view from the bridge.

Edited by richyb83

Thanks for the head's up...I started the EBRATS thread on UP way back & has not been a post since 13'...will have to check it out!

Glad to see that building finally be put to use again! Just thought it could have been better used for office space or location for new downtown library branch.  Just doesn't scream hotel at that site on North Blvd..esp  with new Courtyard by Marriott set to begin a few blocks away. & Hilton & Indigo nearby.

I realize they wanted to reach the 1,000 room bench mark for the River Center...just thought they'd go about it a different way with a legit high-rise convention-style hotel with a striking view from the bridge.

Personally I would rather see high-rises for companies than hotels. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Yes. For almost a year or longer I have noticed very heavy helicopter activity in my area. So many, I stopped counting. 

Lol! That's why I just typed 16+, I'd stopped counting too. I figured either they're taking new Google aerial photos or there really is something to the whole Jade Helm conspiracy.

Yeah Dan...didn't want to go there when seeing your post late last night...see you are in the loop too...i know some law enforcement officials that are not even aware of this...& was a bit stunned.

Could right a few paragraphs on this stuff But i'll spare yall ...lol

:w00t: Yes, please do.

Edited by dan326

Has anyone else noticed increased helicopter activity? I've counted over 16+ helicopters fly over or near my house since this summer.

It's BRPD looking for expired inspection stickers. 

Or areal footage for the new Tom Cruise film about Baton Rouge native and FBI informant Barry Seal, one of only a few Americans ever to actually see Pablo Escobar in person.   

Those are definitely the only possibilities.

Yeah Dan...didn't want to go there when seeing your post late last night...see you are in the loop too...i know some law enforcement officials that are not even aware of this...& was a bit stunned.

Could right a few paragraphs on this stuff But i'll spare yall ...lol

Oh....my bad.   Apparently it was just your neighborhood friendly illuminati. 

Edited by cajun
  • Like 1

LOL..Yeah the state budget is a mess....Ha ha...yeah maybe the helicopters are getting those failed inspection stickers...i saw few being stopped along I-12 land on top of cars:o

I'm sure everyone is aware that the U.S. leads the Prison poulation per capita in the world ahead of the likes of China, Iraq, etc.. AND...Louisiana leads the entire U.S....Big business

Dan brought up "Jade Helm"....Your a sharp dude...just continue to research...weed out the partial & half-truths...it's all like a mega jig-saw puzzle.... Pray for wisdom(if that's your thing); the in-vogue conspiracy theorist or tin-foil hat :rolleyes: labels will surely rear their ugly heads...when the facts are right before our very eyes...people have the right to see what they want to see(or choose not to see)...Stay Tuned  & be Vigilant (it's not paranoia/big difference)

Edited by richyb83
  • Like 1

^Thanks! 

You gave me enough points to write a few paragraphs of my own, lol. But to keep the NSA from sending anymore helicopters my way I'll just say I think a lot of things the "media" potrays as freedom is actually bondage and vice versa, as evidenced by our increasing prison population among other dubious statistics. And whether literal or metaphorical there's an invisible  adversary is  alive and ruler of this world . That was confirmed for me when Miley Cyrus became the most popular person on Earth for actin an  Pinocchio_Disney_Lampwick_as_a_donkey_sm.

Edited by dan326
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

***Possible off color comment warning***

I'm not really convinced but some people claim things are run by "the Jews". Where I'm going with this is that in reference to the Watermark, I find it interesting that one of the most high profile developers in Baton Rouge is part Jewish. I also find it interesting that a rather uncharacteristically fancy-for-BR hotel is opening in town with a Jewish deli, maybe to cater to a certain class play callers??

Edited by dan326

• 2 weeks later...