Macon Mall

cyclingundertheson

With Dillards and Belks leaving the mall, It will be interesting to see how well the mall survives among the new development. Maybe the Macon Mall can pull off a multi million dollar makeover with restaurants such as The Cheesecake Factory and P.F. Changs. The Augusta Mall just two years ago looked as it was headed for Deadmalls.com untill they pulled off a masive facelift and lifestyle addition complete with P.F. Changs, The Chop House, Barnes & Noble, Dicks sporting goods and so much more. Now the Augusta Mall is once again the cities hottest retail area. Surrounding shopping centers are also renovating and starbucks as well as Ross has opened in those shopping centers with more stores planned for that area. Now it is time for the Macon Mall to pull off a similar miracle before it is too late. The mall area like the Augusta Mall area two years ago is in dire need of renovations and new development.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Dillards and Belks leaving the mall, It will be interesting to see how well the mall survives among the new development. Maybe the Macon Mall can pull off a multi million dollar makeover with restaurants such as The Cheesecake Factory and P.F. Changs. The Augusta Mall just two years ago looked as it was headed for Deadmalls.com untill they pulled off a masive facelift and lifestyle addition complete with P.F. Changs, The Chop House, Barnes & Noble, Dicks sporting goods and so much more. Now the Augusta Mall is once again the cities hottest retail area. Surrounding shopping centers are also renovating and starbucks as well as Ross has opened in those shopping centers with more stores planned for that area. Now it is time for the Macon Mall to pull off a similar miracle before it is too late. The mall area like the Augusta Mall area two years ago is in dire need of renovations and new development.

Well Belks has not said yet finallized if they were for sure leaving the mall and there were rumors that the parsion was being developed in a huge movie theater and there is another big retailer looking to take dillard spot. Well i know it want be Dicks,Roses, Barnes & Noble or any other store in augusta you mentioned becasue Macon already has all of those stores at the Eisenshower Crossing a Mega shopping Plaza up the street. I'm not for sure but I think a P.F. Changs has annouced plans to go out by new mall, but if would be great to see a cheese cake factory or something similar. But the city and mall is working together on a plans to fill the spaces from the stores leaving for sometime now but no annoucements have been made yet I guess we will see next year when the new mall opens what stores are coming to Macon Mall.

Dillards employees are sayin that theyve been told that the Macon Mall location will be an outlet store once the new Dillards opens. Supposedly WR residents dont want to drive to North Macon to shop Dillards. Hvent heard about Belks plans either. And a yerocal said Macon already has all of those stores so i hope they can find something to pull off a revival.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Belks has not said yet finallized if they were for sure leaving the mall and there were rumors that the parsion was being developed in a huge movie theater and there is another big retailer looking to take dillard spot. Well i know it want be Dicks,Roses, Barnes & Noble or any other store in augusta you mentioned becasue Macon already has all of those stores at the Eisenshower Crossing a Mega shopping Plaza up the street. I'm not for sure but I think a P.F. Changs has annouced plans to go out by new mall, but if would be great to see a cheese cake factory or something similar. But the city and mall is working together on a plans to fill the spaces from the stores leaving for sometime now but no annoucements have been made yet I guess we will see next year when the new mall opens what stores are coming to Macon Mall.

Yes Augusta already has those stores for years as well, (except Dicks) but these will either be 2nd or 3rd locations or moves.

Why is Dillards and Belk leaving the mall?

Dillards isnt leaving they are just opening a second location at the new mall, and if Belks is moving into parisians ol building then its lookin like they may not be leaving either. Where is the info on the Belks move coming from????

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Movie Tavern is Coming to the Macon Mall!

The Macon Mall is getting a movie theatre and its set to open in 2009. Macon is one step clser to having two co-existing regional shopping malls. Something other second-tier cities in GA have had trouble doing in the past. Let's hope the good news keeps coming from both the Macon Mall and River Crossing Mall.

Movie Tavern is Coming to the Macon Mall!

The Macon Mall is getting a movie theatre and its set to open in 2009. Macon is one step clser to having two co-existing regional shopping malls. Something other second-tier cities in GA have had trouble doing in the past. Let's hope the good news keeps coming from both the Macon Mall and River Crossing Mall.

So i guess the rumors of where true after all, great......

That was my next question! So Belk is probably relocating to the new mall.

I was reading a article a while back that said Belks and Dillard had said nothing about closing there current stores at the mall once the new ones is complete at shoppes at river crossing... I think they said that they were going to keep both stores....

I was reading a article a while back that said Belks and Dillard had said nothing about closing there current stores at the mall once the new ones is complete at shoppes at river crossing... I think they said that they were going to keep both stores....

I remember u saying that but Belk at Macon Mall needs some work done to it. I just dont see them renovating Macon Mall location and building at Rivercrossing Mall at the same time. Not sure when Phase Two starts at Rivercrossing but i think it will be before 2008 is done so we will know soon.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember u saying that but Belk at Macon Mall needs some work done to it. I just dont see them renovating Macon Mall location and building at Rivercrossing Mall at the same time. Not sure when Phase Two starts at Rivercrossing but i think it will be before 2008 is done so we will know soon.

Well, so far it looks like Macon will be having 2 Dillard locations after all, I went on Dillard's website and it list Macon as having two different locations the Macon Mall & Shoppes at River Crossing.... I haven't had chance to check out Belks Yet....

Well, so far it looks like Macon will be having 2 Dillard locations after all, I went on Dillard's website and it list Macon as having two different locations the Macon Mall & Shoppes at River Crossing.... I haven't had chance to check out Belks Yet....

Ofcourse they will now as they are both operating...we need to make sure 2 or 3 years down the road we can say the same thing.

Cinnabon Bakery- opening soon

The Telegraph stated that it was going to be in a section of Parisian's.......... so much for Belks staying and moving in that spot.

A food court store like Cinnabon Bakery wouldn't occupy an entire former department store.

I think what they mean is it is going in the mall near the former Parisian Department Store.

Archived