Macon Mall

cyclingundertheson

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the mall is now under forclosure, a new court apointed mangement company has taken over for prime retail.also dillards has sent a letter saying they intend to close the mall store.the malls value has fallen 60% in the last three years.

http://www.macon.com/102/story/414769.html

i'm not worried because i'm sure they will come up with some kind of solution for this problem....

the mall is now under forclosure, a new court apointed mangement company has taken over for prime retail.also dillards has sent a letter saying they intend to close the mall store.the malls value has fallen 60% in the last three years.

http://www.macon.com/102/story/414769.html

That sucks. Do you think the mall will close down? That will be a huge blow to the economy.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, thats not good, is it something the company is doing to cut cost due to economy situation or is the area is just not supporting both stores.

The company is in trouble,some experts say that Dillards will be out of bussiness in five years.Dillards is closing all the under performing stores.

The company is in trouble,some experts say that Dillards will be out of bussiness in five years.Dillards is closing all the under performing stores.

That was kind of silly for the company to build another store if they were in trouble, thats why i heard the developers of shoppes at river crossing wanted add Macy's too, but Macy decided not build because of financial reasons, but was looking to add a new store the Macon Market by 2010.... So it may be apart of one of the other New North Macon projects.

• 4 weeks later...

According to the malls site plan dated 08/08/08 the Movie Tavern is going in part of the upstairs of the old Parisians(sp) with the lower level for rent.

along with about 15,000sf on the second level for rent.so I guess this means they are not going to tear it down.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Steve and Barry's to liquidate remainder of its stores:

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2008/no...tores/business/

This will leave yet another large empty space in the Macon Mall. With the loss of Old Navy and relocation of Spencer's, the Sears end of the mall is continuing to empty out, while Dillard's will be gone on the other end soon...

If you go to the MM website, it says it has an abercrombie kids outlet. I wonder if that means it may be closing. On a map of RC, it shows Hollister, are they actually opening? If they do they will probably close the MM location. I could defienetly see A&F going to River Crossing Soon.

If you go to the MM website, it says it has an abercrombie kids outlet. I wonder if that means it may be closing. On a map of RC, it shows Hollister, are they actually opening? If they do they will probably close the MM location. I could defienetly see A&F going to River Crossing Soon.

the mall as an Abercrombie and Fitch and a Abercromie store which is the kid,tween verison.I don't know why they call it an outlet.it's not an offcial Abercrombie outlet.Hollister is owned by Abercromie so if one leaves they all will.with Dillards and Steve and Barry's closing,I think all of the higher end stores will leave over time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived