Election for Fayetteville Mayor

That's a good point- we have to live with him being mayor for 4 years so let's give him a chance and see what happens. Political campaigns aren't always the best indicator of what an elected official will do once in office. He may find it easier to lead from the middle instead of the extreme side that he seemed to campaign from. If the city economy starts suffering and businesses either leave or choose to locate new facilities elsewhere because of his leadership there will be presssure for him to revisit what his priorities are.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I didn't know if I should post this under "Fayetteville, AR" or relegate it to a coffee house topic, so I'm putting it here. It appears Jordan's mayoral tenure has started with a bang. He fired Gary Dumas, the director of operations and will replace the position with a Chief of Staff. Jordan fires Dumas

It seems a little odd. The paper has said repeated times "The individual hired will be in charge of managing all the departments currently managed directly by the mayor, except for the police and fire departments and the library." I'm thinking that was what the director of operations was doing. Maybe Jordan didn't like Dumas.

I didn't know if I should post this under "Fayetteville, AR" or relegate it to a coffee house topic, so I'm putting it here. It appears Jordan's mayoral tenure has started with a bang. He fired Gary Dumas, the director of operations and will replace the position with a Chief of Staff. Jordan fires Dumas

It seems a little odd. The paper has said repeated times "The individual hired will be in charge of managing all the departments currently managed directly by the mayor, except for the police and fire departments and the library." I'm thinking that was what the director of operations was doing. Maybe Jordan didn't like Dumas.

I'm not sure what to think about it. Like zman said he was hired by Coody and it's natural that Jordan is going to want some of his own people in. I'm a bit curious about how all this came about. Dumas was a big proponent on certain issues and I wonder how this will affect things. But it did sound like there was a lot of money going to that position and that Jordan will be breaking things up a bit. I got the impression Jordan is getting rid of that position and will have a group of people that he tries to work with directly.

Archived