Saratoga Springs

The Voice of Reason

Does anyone have any information about the recent projects built along broadway. This city has had several small mixed use condo projects built downtown over the last few years. They have been a huge success and made an incredible downtown so much better by expanding its size, and maintaining appropriate density and carachter.

Does anyone have any information on these projects? I did google searches and such, but only came up with a builders web site that did not have much information and only offered a couple renderings of a couple of the buildings.

• 8 months later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got back from 'Toga again, and there are more of them.

apparently as the codo market slows across the nation, Saratoga is having a boom.

Currently under construction.

http://www.bonacio.com/featured_projects/p...lace_condos.php

steel is up to 5th maybe its even topped off.

An Artilce

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/stories/...12800%5E1669997

Another Project

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/stories/.../14/story9.html

The developer of high-end lakefront homes began construction this week of a 38,000-square-foot office, retail and condominium project in downtown Saratoga Springs.

Scot Trifilo of Terrace Homebuilders in Saratoga Springs moved forward with his $6.5 million 54 Phila St. Development LLC project five years after the building was first approved.

"The delay was really a matter of timing," Trifilo said. "This project was up next, and I think the market here is holding steady."

The four-story brick and stone building will include up to 5,300 square feet of first-floor retail space and 8,000 square feet of offices on the second floor.

Retail space will be leased out from between $24 and $26 a square foot. Office space leases will cost between $18 and $20 per square foot.

The upper floors will house a total of eight residential condos that will range in size from 1,470 square feet to 1,880 square feet.

The sale prices will run between $593,000 and $790,000.

I think maybe the most impressive one. The hotel is pretty much built. and it is tall and fills in a huge parking lot downtown. now the condos are U/C I saw the foundatins poured, and walked into the sales office on Broadway.

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2008_1s...atogaHotel.html

Turf Hotels Building a $20 million 123-room Hampton Inn & Suites

in Saratoga Springs, New York

By Eric Anderson, Albany Times Union, N.Y.McClatchy-Tribune Regional News Feb. 26, 2008 - SARATOGA SPRINGS -- Think of it as a home with room service.

The more than $40 million complex going up on High Rock Avenue in downtown Saratoga Springs includes a 123-room Hampton Inn & Suites hotel and 38 High Rock Condominium, which will feature 45 condominiums.

If all goes as planned, the 6-story hotel will open at the beginning of June, in time for the city's rush of summer tourists. The adjacent 6-story condominium complex, with the three lower floors dedicated to indoor parking for both hotel and condo residents, will be open before the end of the year, said Michael Hoffman, one of the developers. The two buildings will be connected so condo residents won't have to go outside to reach the hotel

• 5 months later...

So this time I took my camera.

I got a bunch of pictures of the recently built buildings as well as the historic downtown. I was really just walking around with the wife and friends shopping and occasionally pulling out the camera and playing tourist. These pics by no means show all of downtown, just part of it.

These are all shots of historic Broadway.

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

This building was the first of the newbies and is right on broadway and added a huge ammount of streetscape to the town.

IMG_1687.jpg

here are a few shots looking East down side streets the steel is the condo portion of the new condotel there.

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

here are several shots of the new condos and apartments behind Broadway to the West

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

Downtowns next building to open. its on the park at the end of downtown. this will extend the town quite a bit.

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

• 1 year later...

on railroad place, yet another apartment is going up.

6 stories 124 apartments with an actual super market in the ground floor. price choppers

it just got some additional financing, and has renders and stuff on the builders web site. Bonacio Construction, Inc.

Market Center at Railroad Place

an article

http://readme.readmedia.com/Bonacio-Contruction-Inc-Unveils-Plans-to-Develop-Downtown-Market-Center-at-Railroad-Place/925082

Archived