Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

Lol I have 0 idea about what needs to pass through council or not.  Just let me complain about the continued beige & bland invasion of our city.

Its more of a proliferation, than an invasion. They seem to be breeding like a parasitic colony. 

I hope I'm not out of line posting on this thread. I'm just wanting to get in contact with someone who has parking deck construction background for some general questions. We own a building where we have to pay a neighbor (uptown) rent for additional spaces for our tenants and the rent is beginning to choke us a little. We do have some ground parking on our property, and I think there would be enough room for a couple of levels. The deck would be above ground and pretty simple.

Please drop me a private email for lunch or an hour of your brain power.

Thanks, and sorry if this isn't the place to post.

Ohhhhh man. We are in a golden age people. They just keep coming 

Bank of America Plaza Renovations
• Detailed Scope of Work: Renovations to existing Bank of America Plaza Building will include addition of new entrances to multiple tenants on ground floor of building. Exterior plaza improvements to accommodate new building entrances and to create outside seating areas for restaurant tenants.
  • Like 3

• Detailed Scope of Work: Renovations to existing Bank of America Plaza Building will include addition of new entrances to multiple tenants on ground floor of building. Exterior plaza improvements to accommodate new building entrances and to create outside seating areas for restaurant tenants.

I'm not sure what to expect. I hope besides food, there are places like Anthropologie or J Crew Mercantile like in other parts of the city. (Im not saying to put an Anthropologie there btw, just naming out stores that are branching out in the area)

its a a win regardless.

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

Anyone remember this proposal to create a two-level restaurant in the Omni building at the corner of Trade and College?  Walgreens how occupies most, if not all, of the second (Overstreet Mall) level, but there is still room to create some retail space on the ground level by removing a few hotel valet parking spots.  Currently this corner has one of the worst street level presences in Uptown.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2261839,-80.8420601,3a,75y,274.63h,89.1t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1slMLhRmBs-JGkMJsRPEE1Xg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Omni Charlotte.jpg

• Like 1

Woah what a cool idea!! Where did that drawing come from any why did this never happen?!?!

Yes I LOATHE that corner, it's just terrible. But considering the pain Essex has had dealing with Omni, I think it'll be very unlikely anything like this happens (unfortunately). 

Edited by Jayvee