SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

I love the design!

They can be yours for only $800k+  I think they do look great and the views will be as good as anything else but damn that's a lot of money for a town home with no yard or real privacy. I think anything over $500,000 and a lot of people would prefer a single family house as opposed to a town home but these will prove me wrong or right. The Central Living at Iverson will test that theory too. Most of those will finish at or above $500k when you add in all the finishes/upgrades. Meanwhile you could build a free standing house down the street for 600-800. 

They can be yours for only $800k+  I think they do look great and the views will be as good as anything else but damn that's a lot of money for a town home with no yard or real privacy. I think anything over $500,000 and a lot of people would prefer a single family house as opposed to a town home but these will prove me wrong or right. The Central Living at Iverson will test that theory too. Most of those will finish at or above $500k when you add in all the finishes/upgrades. Meanwhile you could build a free standing house down the street for 600-800. 

They do have an extremely large rooftop patio. Not that that replaces a yard, but it does give a lot of outdoor space that you typically don't have with urban townhomes. They will also have an incredible view of the skyline, which increases their value as well.

I'm a big fan of these personally.

Not sure I'd be crazy about ground level floor-to-ceiling glass doors.

People do it in the Village here. They just spend a bunch of money on Window Treatments that cover the bottom 5/6 of the windows, so you can still see their fancy shmancy chandeliers, but you can't see them walk around in their undies.

Edited by Guest

More apartments.  The Bainbridge Companies wants to build 200 apartments in a 7-story building wrapping a parking deck in the empty lot at the corner of South and Poindexter.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article38210757.html

I'm not complaining about this one. Its a small site, I'm impressed they are putting 200 apartments on it. 7 floors sounds great. Hopefully they improve the pedestrian experience in the area, because frankly, it leaves a bit to be desired.

I'm not complaining about this one. Its a small site, I'm impressed they are putting 200 apartments on it. 7 floors sounds great. Hopefully they improve the pedestrian experience in the area, because frankly, it leaves a bit to be desired.

Agreed.  I'm not optimistic retail will be included, but I'll settle for a well-designed 7-story building with hidden parking and an improved streetscape.  Much better than another gas station, fast food restaurant, or bank branch.  Plus Marsh Properties' redevelopment of the Sedgefield Shopping Center will help fill the void of retail in the immediate area.

• Like 1

Agreed.  I'm not optimistic retail will be included, but I'll settle for a well-designed 7-story building with hidden parking and an improved streetscape.  Much better than another gas station, fast food restaurant, or bank branch.  Plus Marsh Properties' redevelopment of the Sedgefield Shopping Center will help fill the void of retail in the immediate area.

That should be just as important of a movement as the one we are trying to do for "DC Plaza." Trying to create a safe pedestrian environment in Far SouthEnd/Sedgefield. Last year I walked from Uptown to OMB, and the 5 feet of sidewalk and the cars blowing by at 50mph was very uncomfortable. 

That should be just as important of a movement as the one we are trying to do for "DC Plaza." Trying to create a safe pedestrian environment in Far SouthEnd/Sedgefield. Last year I walked from Uptown to OMB, and the 5 feet of sidewalk and the cars blowing by at 50mph was very uncomfortable. 

Sidewalks seem to be something the USA doesn't do particularly well, you can be walking and the sidewalk just stops (though not so much in downtown areas, such as Uptown). I am from the UK, and  we put sidewalks (pavements) nearly everywhere, and normally they are quite wide. Makes it very easy to walk nearly everywhere. 

I did the opposite a few weeks ago (walked from OMB to Uptown).  The pedestrian experience was much improved, largely due to the rail trail.  Sadly, the most uncomfortable part is the few blocks approaching and crossing 277 into uptown.  A well designed pedestrian-only bridge over 277 would be a game changer in terms of tying Southend and Uptown together without spending the money required for a freeway cap.  Also, a nice pedestrian bridge might help to drum up new momentum to cap 277.