First Horizon Park - Home of the Nashville Sounds

RemarkableHomes

Yes it was rushed, but for good reason. And no it's not an ideal design, but when that area is (hopefully) built out in 3-5 years with major pedestrian traffic and the usual amenities of a vibrant sports village, my hunch is that we'll be satisfied.

Besides, I've never heard one out-of-town visitor to Nashville say, "I love everything about Nashville except that baseball stadium, so I'm never going back."

• Like 2

There always will be critics of any size and type of project. and after attending Sulphur Dell as a teenager, I am generally pleased and even amused to have the FT Ballpark.  It makes me feel "full circle" (without feeling round).  Had the project perhaps not been sped through, it very well could have been barnacled down by those who's nature is to counter-produce.

Nashville had been overly ripe for a new ballpark (if not rotten for one), so the timing had been right for overwhelming sentiment, even from me.  In summary, a lot of buy-in on the justification of the project, along with external help.  Had this been an EW-corridor incarnation, then the haste would have recoiled.
-==-

• Like 3

I drove by the FT baseball stadium the other day and was disappointed that they were charging $15.00 for parking. Ugh! That canceled me out from ever going to a game. Over-priced parking is my pet peeve.

Yes and the mall cops have things pretty locked down around Farmer's Market, but you're smarter than that, especially if you don't mind a little walk.   I've left my car at the office (City Center) and walked to FTP (cut through the steps behind Cordell Hull).   Another time I parked on the street just across Jefferson.         

I drove by the FT baseball stadium the other day and was disappointed that they were charging $15.00 for parking. Ugh! That canceled me out from ever going to a game. Over-priced parking is my pet peeve.

Uber...Lyft...Taxis...Busses...On-Street Parking... You may not get to park right next to the stadium, but there are cheap or free options very close.

• Like 3

One more week left for me in the AT&T building. I've accepted another position with a new law firm closer to my home in Green Hills. I'll probably never go downtown again. I hate it. The traffic, commute, and the very narrow streets are not conducive for all the things they are trying to do. It's a nightmare without a good alternative transportation network in place.

Yes and the mall cops have things pretty locked down around Farmer's Market, but you're smarter than that, especially if you don't mind a little walk.   I've left my car at the office (City Center) and walked to FTP (cut through the steps behind Cordell Hull).   Another time I parked on the street just across Jefferson.         

Uber...Lyft...Taxis...Busses...On-Street Parking... You may not get to park right next to the stadium, but there are cheap or free options very close.

...And if you can park in several State Owned Parking Lots available before the start of game time (usually after 4:30PM), even if that means you would have to park a few blocks around Capitol Hill and shown below.  Spaces shown as 24hr reserve (by sign posts) are not to be parked on

State Owned Parking Lots
Lot 1
Lot 4
Lot 8   (limited availability)
Lot 12 (disabled ONLY lot)
Lot 14
Lot 15
Lot 16
Lot 17B
Lot 28
Lot 29
Lot 32
Lot 37

Also Lots 17B (in above list), 18A and 21 along the the Capitol Horseshoe (entrance at Charlotte and Rosa Parks [8th Ave])
AGAIN ─ Spaces shown as 24hr reserve (by sign posts) are not to be parked on

State_Parking_Lot_map.thumb.jpg.ff758010
-==-

One more week left for me in the AT&T building. I've accepted another position with a new law firm closer to my home in Green Hills. I'll probably never go downtown again. I hate it. The traffic, commute, and the very narrow streets are not conducive for all the things they are trying to do. It's a nightmare without a good alternative transportation network in place.

But... THE VIEW!

What will we do without our "eyes in the sky"?

• Like 3

Very narrow streets?  Traffic?  Aren't you from Manhattan originally?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nashville has submitted a bid to host the SEC Baseball Tournament from 2017-2021.  Would be nice to add onto the basketball tournament we normally host.  More visitors downtown is a good thing...and showing off Germantown would be nice, as well.

The tournament has been in Hoover, AL for the past 18 years...so I'm sure they're going to fight hard to keep it.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/baseball/2016/02/23/nashville-sec-baseball-tournament/80811752/

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I think this really shows how boring baseball is. The only way to get people to go is to give them tons of other things to do.It's like their goal is for people to not realize they are at a baseball game. I might go to one if they add a driving range, or maybe an arcade. 

Come to First Tennessee Park to play some miniature golf or corn-hole, enjoy the weather at this baseball park, listen to live music, drink some beer, eat lots of food, watch sports on our TVs, and see our baseball team play

Edited by bigeasy
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

I think this really shows how boring baseball is. The only way to get people to go is to give them tons of other things to do.It's like their goal is for people to not realize they are at a baseball game. I might go to one if they add a driving range, or maybe an arcade. 

Come to First Tennessee Park to play some miniature golf or corn-hole, enjoy the weather at this baseball park, listen to live music, drink some beer, eat lots of food, watch sports on our TVs, and see our baseball team play

minor league baseball, yes. 

• Like 1