WOODTV thinks that all the new condos downtown are a "drag" on downtown's reputation?

GRDadof3

Maybe if WOOD weren't employing 43 different weather people, poor Larry N. could have been kept on board. He was one of the few on air people at that channel I liked. Oh well, I guess it's more weather weather weather. I love how they just cannot resist breaking into programming to tell you that whatever weather event is currently occurring is still going on. Thanks for nothing and thanks for spending 5 minutes in front of a weather map telling me that nothing has changed since the last time you broke into whatever program I'm watching.

Flashy "24 Hour News 8" intro...

"Coming up! A massive earthquake has rocked the western United States and much of California has slid into the Pacific. Gigantic alien spacecraft have arrived and taken up positions over the capitals of nations around the world. And, reports out of Jerusalem indicate that the Lord God Jesus has returned in all his glory. Those stories and more later, but first, let's get a check of that weather outside from Storm Team 8 meteorologist Terri Deboer. Looks like another uneventful day Terri, take the next ten minutes to tell us about it..."

Sheesh. :wacko:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe if WOOD weren't employing 43 different weather people, poor Larry N. could have been kept on board. He was one of the few on air people at that channel I liked. Oh well, I guess it's more weather weather weather. I love how they just cannot resist breaking into programming to tell you that whatever weather event is currently occurring is still going on. Thanks for nothing and thanks for spending 5 minutes in front of a weather map telling me that nothing has changed since the last time you broke into whatever program I'm watching.

Flashy "24 Hour News 8" intro...

"Coming up! A massive earthquake has rocked the western United States and much of California has slid into the Pacific. Gigantic alien spacecraft have arrived and taken up positions over the capitals of nations around the world. And, reports out of Jerusalem indicate that the Lord God Jesus has returned in all his glory. Those stories and more later, but first, let's get a check of that weather outside from Storm Team 8 meteorologist Terri Deboer. Looks like another uneventful day Terri, take the next ten minutes to tell us about it..."

Sheesh. :wacko:

And then don't forget the flashy intro into the weather where you see them all glaring at computer screens like there's a crisis.

But you have to admit they are more fun to watch during tornado warnings when they are all running around with printer paper yelling with their mics ofF TORNADO WARNING TORNADO WARNING.

I prefer 13's weather over 8's for one reason. WZZM has mastered a technology so stupendous, so advanced, so mind-bogglingly complicated that WOOD has yet to catch up. What is this technology you ask? WZZM can actually continue to show the current time and temp on screen while the weather segment is taking place. On WOOD, this information disappears as soon as they cut to weather. Which in WOOD's case is approximately 15 times during each half hour newscast.

<_<

Oh and BTW, remember when 13 recovered the actual original weather ball from a scrap yard and as they were promoting the return of the weather ball and all that, WOOD was promoting how THEY had the weather ball and kept telling everyone to stay tuned. What the hell was that all about? They sort of quietly dropped it after a few months. I always wondered just what they were thinking. I mean, WZZM actually HAD the real, original weather ball. I know this whole local news thing is competitive but come on, that was colossally silly.

Archived