Research project on Green Grand Rapids

kquick

Hello! Would you like to be part of a research study about Green Grand Rapids? If so, I'd like to talk with you.

I have been studying residents' participation in city planning decisions in Grand Rapids for several years, including in Green Grand Rapids since its inception. I'm a doctoral student in the Planning, Policy, and Design program of the University of California in Irvine. My focus is citizen participation in government, and I conduct most of my research on the city of Grand Rapids, where over the years my advisor and/or I have studied the 2002 Master Plan, various efforts to decide the city budget, different forums concerning parks and recreation, the zoning ordinance, etc. These days I am looking at Green Grand Rapids, the Belknap ASP, and efforts to create a bike-friendly city.

As part of my dissertation work, I would very much appreciate an opportunity to talk with people who interact through urban planet regarding your impressions of recent community discussions and deliberations around biking issues, Green Grand Rapids, or any other observations you have about community efforts to address public policy and planning concerns in Grand Rapids. Let me assure you that any interviews would be a confidential; I would not be going around afterwards quoting you, or saying things that would obviously be easily attributed to you, when I talk with other people. My university has very strict protocols that I must adhere to for the protection of your privacy, and I also personally take this very seriously.

If you are interested, please drop me a line at [email protected] and we'll take it from there. Thank you so much.

Kathryn S. Quick

PhD Candidate in Planning, Policy, and Design

University of California, Irvine

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived