$4.00 Gas

skirby

On Tuesday Rick Wagoner, CEO of General Motors, called for the government to set up a tax to increase the price of gas to $4.00 per gallon. He sees it as a way to force people to buy GM's more expensive hybrid and soon to come electric cars. This is not the first call for this tax. I wonder if the people calling for the tax would favor all additional tax money should go to fund public transit?

Do you think Arkansas is setting up itself for hard times by stressing continued road construction over public transit?

What about the metro Little Rock area? I don't see any push to get behind public transit myself?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Tuesday Rick Wagoner, CEO of General Motors, called for the government to set up a tax to increase the price of gas to $4.00 per gallon. He sees it as a way to force people to buy GM's more expensive hybrid and soon to come electric cars. This is not the first call for this tax. I wonder if the people calling for the tax would favor all additional tax money should go to fund public transit?

Do you think Arkansas is setting up itself for hard times by stressing continued road construction over public transit?

What about the metro Little Rock area? I don't see any push to get behind public transit myself?

Archived