ArtPrize and Project 1 - Grand Rapids

GRDadof3

I hate to be the spoiler...it's multi-faceted...damn the torpedos, I'm spillin' everything I know. Rick DeVos will announce the following:

1. It's a free lifetime supply of sidewalk chalk for GR residents (but only if you live or work inside the DID...screw the 'burbs).

2. A free Husqvarna ice-sculpting chain saw for making winter sidewalk decorations (must live or work inside the DID to be eligible for chain saw giveaway)

3. Poulan chain saws are on back order (they're American made but hard to come by)

3. Eric Prince will be announced as the new GR City Manager (the GRPS teachers unions have been put on notice already...tic-tock...they just might want to re-think those contract demands while Eric has you dangling from a BlackHawk helicopter).

4. Rapid Growth will be announced as the only authorized media company allowed to tell sugary and positive stories about GR.

5. The GR Press will high-jack the press conference and announce yet another mlive search engine improvement.

6. Urban Planet will announce a 140 character limit to posts.

Just remember...you didn't hear this from me...I'd be in HUGE trouble if this leak points back to me.

I hate to be the spoiler...it's multi-faceted...damn the torpedos, I'm spillin' everything I know. Rick DeVos will announce the following:

I was just handed a memo by legal that I'm required to put spoiler boxes over your post, due to the extreme sensitive nature of the situation.

I will have more info as it is handed to me on a silver platter.

I was just handed a memo by legal that I'm required to put spoiler boxes over your post, due to the extreme sensitive nature of the situation.

But GRDad, how will the masses (you know, the 3 people that check UP :) ) know to prepare for their lifetime supply of sidewalk chalk? You're just envious because you don't get any, aren't you?

Edited by fotoman311

But GRDad, how will the masses (you know, the 3 people that check UP :) ) know to prepare for their lifetime supply of sidewalk chalk? You're just envious because you don't get any, aren't you?

It's still there all you masses. Just pull your cursor over it. You know legal, more interested in the letter of the law....

Come on, UP does not have a legal department...especially one that would had deliver a memo to GRDAD (we all know he rarely wears pants as a moderator).

It's still there all you masses. Just pull your cursor over it. You know legal, more interested in the letter of the law....

I'm fairly certain that your method of redacting PR-15's information is endorsed by the FBI. You're in good company (and the information you redacted is about as valuable as the info the FBI redacted).

Come on, UP does not have a legal department...especially one that would had deliver a memo to GRDAD (we all know he rarely wears pants as a moderator).

Pants, schmantz. This is serious business for serious people. Did Napoleon wear pants? Did Gandhi? Edward R. Murrow??!!!

If the Earth Day this is no coincidence, then I'm not sure what to speculate on any more.

Edit: Edited to meet the 140 character limit.

Actually tSlater, the 140 character limit won't take effect until Thursday's big announcement...so feel free to arrange your characters into lengthy manifestos until then.

GRBrit, are you involved with this somehow?

No, I'm as much in the dark as everyone else. I suspect it'll be big news for the company/companies involved, but for the city as a whole? Seems like a lot of hype right now, but we'll see.

I'll likely be there as I walk right through there each morning to work about 8:55.

I know! I know!!!

Betty Ford

(scroll over to read)

Oh yeah. I can hear the rushing stampede of Millennials coming to see a

Betty Ford

project. Maybe a drug rehab center? :)

Who knows. Someone on WOOD suggested a Grand Rapids "Promise". Kinda boring, but it wouldn't be a bad idea.

UP is scooped by G-Rad.org. ( http://www.g-rad.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=51622#p51622 )

It looks like there may be a live webcast of this event. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/event-4-23-09-9am Although it's not really possible to verify whether this stream is official.

Edited by fotoman311

We're really hard up for some development news, aren't we? Reading everyone's "speculation" has been fun, it brings me back to the big mystery project days when I first joined UP! All the pre-hub bub though has me feeling a bit skeptical. Wasn't there some big deal about a cow sculpture downtown that ended up just being about coffee at McDonalds? Seyferth was involved in that too. I'm just saying. I hope it's a bigger deal than that.

*fish

We're really hard up for some development news, aren't we? Reading everyone's "speculation" has been fun, it brings me back to the big mystery project days when I first joined UP! All the pre-hub bub though has me feeling a bit skeptical. Wasn't there some big deal about a cow sculpture downtown that ended up just being about coffee at McDonalds? Seyferth was involved in that too. I'm just saying. I hope it's a bigger deal than that.

*fish

How could I have ever forgotten about that..