8southElevation.jpg

8WashingtonProjectArea.jpg

7eastElevation.jpg

5SOM8Washington-2.jpg

4SOM8Washington-3.jpg

3SOM8Washington-1.jpg

2northAerial2.jpg

1eastAerial.jpg

"The 8 Washington project builds on the momentum of improvements to the central and northern waterfront that began after the removal of the Embarcadero Freeway."

"The project is located on a 3.2acre, triangle-shaped site in downtown San Francisco, on the north side of Washington Street between the Embarcadero and Drumm Street."

"The project includes renovation of the existing Golden Gateway Tennis & Swim Club facilities and transformation of a surface parking lot into a vibrant waterfront community of residential housing, neighborhood-serving retail, restaurants, underground public parking serving the Ferry Building Waterfront Area, recreation and public open space."

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a person at the farmer's market this weekend handing out information about this project, and she said that they are currently in the entitlement process.

I found the following pictures online, labeled 8 Washington as well. Possibly part of this project?...

Renderings-1a1.jpg

Elevations-1a1.jpg

I am iffy on this project. it is such a key downtown location right by the ferry terminal across from a few piers used for parking and such and in front of a low rising housing development that is out off scale with the area.

I think this development should be a little more dense, but I also thing it should interact with the street beter. I really have no idea and wrote a long long post about it and then lost it for some reason. so just know that I want alot more here than what is hre and I want it to make the CBD and the waterfront interact better. I want to see those piers be more than parking I want them to become housing like something 4 stories tall the way they do it in Boston. I think that whole area along davis needs to be re dove with the pedestrian and the tourist traffic in mind. there are tens of thousands of tourists and thousands of locals walking the embarcardero daily.

its pretty desolate right now. the parking on the piers is the worst

• 1 month later...

Status Updates

(as of June 2009) "SFWP is currently undergoing an environmental impact review for 8 Washington Street, which includes a review of the project with and without Seawall Lot 351. SFWP is currently in exclusive negotiations with the Port of San Francisco for Seawall Lot 351.  We will keep you abreast of schedule updates as they arise"

[source: SFWP]

1eastAerial.jpg

2northAerial2.jpg

3SOM8Washington-1.jpg

4SOM8Washington-3.jpg

5SOM8Washington-2.jpg

7eastElevation.jpg

8WashingtonProjectArea.jpg

8southElevation.jpg

9northElevation.jpg

area_map.jpg

img_communityrecreationcenter.jpg