PROPOSED: 25-35 Dolores

yekaterinab

Before...

002Dolores_St_After.jpg

After...

001Dolores_St_Before.jpg

"The project at 25-35 Dolores Street consists of construction of a new four-story, residential building on the site of a former car repair warehouse structure. The proposed building includes 47 residential units and 40 off-street parking spaces in a below-grade garage. The proposed project has a mix of four studios, 20 one-bedrooms, 15 two-bedrooms, and four three bedroom units, ranging in size from approximately 475 to 1,500 square feet."

"The building is set back from the front of the property line to permit stoops with direct access to second floor units directly from Dolores. The project massing is designed to complement the existing street in form and scale."

"The project replaces industrial buildings, which currently cover the entire site, with one that provides a new approximately 4,900 square foot rear yard, augmenting its neighbors common mid block open space."

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...my neighborhood for now (I live in the next block on Dolores), which has changed drastically with S&C Ford and The Gap all gone. And 1 bed-room rentals overpriced at $2200 a month. Most of the artists I know have moved or in the process of moving as most of us have been or being "Ellised" out of our apartments...My building with nine units was purchased by a playboy from Florida last year who has decided he doesn't want tenants and has kicked everyone out effective May 24, 2009...However, he cannot rent them or convert into condos because of several tenants who were disabled people living with AIDS and one a senior who had lived in the building for thirty-five years...I talked to the senior the other day who found a place in the next block...Because of rent control, he was paying less than $500 for a huge apartment on the top floor but now he's paying 5 times that amount for a smaller place...Oh well, life goes on...

That sucks man.

money is a beotch!

some things you wish would stay the same forever, but I am sure there wil be something good to come out of all the changes coming about in your neighbourhood.

I am sure the people who used to live in the tenderloin were 100% against the gay population moving in back in the late 60s. now the money is pushing out the artists. Who knows?

can you tell I just watched "milk"?

It looks to be an appropriate scaled development however. Its shame that the developer is not trying to make it fit in a little better. You know put some Bay windows in it etc...

That sucks man.

money is a beotch!

some things you wish would stay the same forever, but I am sure there wil be something good to come out of all the changes coming about in your neighbourhood.

I am sure the people who used to live in the tenderloin were 100% against the gay population moving in back in the late 60s. now the money is pushing out the artists. Who knows?

can you tell I just watched "milk"?

It looks to be an appropriate scaled development however. Its shame that the developer is not trying to make it fit in a little better. You know put some Bay windows in it etc...

• 1 month later...

Status Updates

(5/1/09) "The project site is located on the east side of Dolores Street between Clinton Park and 14th Street, in the Mission neighborhood. The proposed project includes the demolition of two existing contiguous one-story, 25-foot-tall garage buildings, currently vacant, and construction of a new four-story, 40-foot-tall, approximately 63,030-gross-square foot residential building. The proposed building would include 47 residential units (seven studio, 18 one-bedroom, 18 two-bedroom, and four three-bedroom), and 40 off-street parking spaces in a 10,900-square-foot below-grade garage. Pedestrian project site is located within the Market and Octavia Neighborhood Plan area."

[source: ABAG}

001Dolores_St_Before.jpg

002Dolores_St_After.jpg

Archived