Southend Living

I thought All American Pub was a terrible name but that hasn't stopped them from doing well.  I look forward to checking out this place when it opens.  From Fitness Connection it looks like the old Morehead Tavern has a nice back patio area.  For those who went when it was open can you confirm?

I can confirm that the patio was AWESOME! That bar is really huge, and the patio just makes it bigger. Glad to see something coming back to that spot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some renovation work is being done in the former Luxe space (I didn't even know it closed) at East & Cleveland. Anyone know what is going in there? If it were another boutique of some kind I wouldn't expect as much work as seems to be happening.

Not sure if this belongs in a Southend thread but since its just a retail matter and not new construction didn't think that the Dilworth thread was appropriate either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It may mean nothing but I noticed today that the "Available" sign was removed from the Zucco space (across the parking lot from Atherton market). No activity inside however.

On a completely unrelated note, I think Southend is overdue for a Mellow Mushroom. Perhaps the retail space at Camden would be appropriate?

It may mean nothing but I noticed today that the "Available" sign was removed from the Zucco space (across the parking lot from Atherton market). No activity inside however.

On a completely unrelated note, I think Southend is overdue for a Mellow Mushroom. Perhaps the retail space at Camden would be appropriate?

I doubt you'll see a mellow mushroom in southend. You've already got the mellow on selwyn and soon we will have one in 3rd Ward.

• 3 weeks later...

The former "Unexpected Finds" building between B&O and the cleared site for Camden Gallery will now be "Club Fetch", a boarding/daycare/pet spa. I think its an underutilization of an amazing retail space, but the place in Southend that I take my dog occasionally is so busy I can understand the need for another. They've painted the building cream and black, and it looks good. Hopefully with a solid row of retail from Camden Gallery to its side, this will not feel like a wasted opportunity. 

• 1 month later...

this condemned warehouse at 2150 Hawkins (across from Sycamore and Spectrum)  is now getting heavy work done. No idea what it will become and, honestly, I am surprised that it is not being torn down (there are significant masonry problems visible from the rear of the building).

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=35.208929,-80.86298&spn=0.000448,0.000732&t=h&z=21&layer=c&cbll=35.208929,-80.86298&panoid=Ab6HuIjyia0ka7R9KwhkAg&cbp=12,347.9,,0,4.45

The Sycamore lot is finally free of junk cars and trucks, that lot looks _much_ bigger without the junk.

this condemned warehouse at 2150 Hawkins (across from Sycamore and Spectrum)  is now getting heavy work done. No idea what it will become and, honestly, I am surprised that it is not being torn down (there are significant masonry problems visible from the rear of the building).

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=35.208929,-80.86298&spn=0.000448,0.000732&t=h&z=21&layer=c&cbll=35.208929,-80.86298&panoid=Ab6HuIjyia0ka7R9KwhkAg&cbp=12,347.9,,0,4.45

The Sycamore lot is finally free of junk cars and trucks, that lot looks _much_ bigger without the junk.

Honestly so few of these warehouses are worth saving. This district will never have a decent feel unless the street-vibe is completely redone/reimagined

• 1 month later...