Southend Living

Wasn't Dharma a business slated to open in the ill-fated Silos Sub-District?

I'm not sure if it is the same person, but yes there was supposed to be a Dharma at that project.

Is Spenzik going out of business or relocating?

Don't know, the friend that told me only knew about what was coming, she didn't know the story behind them leaving.

^ didn't they just move to an adjacent unit in the same building? i think its still there.

They moved from another unit in the same building, but the space they moved TO is where the new place is going -- Bee Man spot according to my friend. Maybe they are going into spot they left, she could be wrong.

Edited by Charlotte_native

This may clear up the confusion. The Bee Man moved out of the corner spot and is only doing internet sales. Spenzik moved into the former Bee Man's spot. Dharma is moving into the vacated space from Spenzik. Yesterday Dharma installed pink fliers covering the windows during construction. I guess the decided not to wait on the Silo Sub-District which seems to have come to a stand still. Speaking of the Silos, I think the city should make the owners install sidewalks where they were removed and secure the building. I've noticed that a couple of the windows are shattered now. When a project is started doesn't the city require the owner to post a bond just to prevent this type of thing from happening?

....When a project is started doesn't the city require the owner to post a bond just to prevent this type of thing from happening?
Unfortunately for the city, if they were to make this case, then I believe they might have to answer to what is going on with Pappas and Scaleybark Stn.

Unfortunately for the city, if they were to make this case, then I believe they might have to answer to what is going on with Pappas and Scaleybark Stn.

What are you talkng about? The sidewalks and some nice bike lanes have been there for over a year at the Scaleybark Station. I ride by this area a couple times a week on my bike.

^ I think this is addressed more in the Southend Condos thread, but my understanding is that Citiline Resortline (the developer) is barely in existence anymore. The site is just too good to let lie fallow for a long time, so I hope that someone will push forward with the plan (including the Poindexter extension!)

A vegan restaurant "Real Foods Charlotte" is opening in the former Tearex spot. Perhaps it's already has. Have not been by recently. One of the partners works at BerryBrook, where I go for lunch every weekday :P I think it could do very well.

It's been open for about a week now. I've really liked what I've had so far...they've got a pretty broad menu to be vegan and mostly raw foods.

^ Wondered about that as well.....also saw that a design store opened where Siskate gallery used to be down near the E&W intersection, Looks nice but I wonder how well an upscale interior design place will do these days. Small observation, but I really like the alleyway entrance for Common Market off Camden. I purposely park along the street so I can use it. Short walk, but does reminds me of the great narrow and twisty alleys in downtown Charleston.

I noticed today that the McIntosh Steak&Seafood "For Lease" sign on South Blvd is now down. I'm wondering if a tenant is coming? Anyone have any info on what may be going on? I didn't think this space would be vacant for too long.

http://helendining.blogspot.com/2009/08/ch...h-end-gets.html

Yup, we're getting a new gastropub - "The Liberty" - by Harper's old chef.

The most relevant fact? 70 beers.

Looks like Dharma Lounge is building an outdoor hookah area in the parking lot. There's a new concrete pad and some framing where parking spaced used to be.

this just might be my kind of place...it's kind of hard to tell with any place with "lounge" in the name though. but a hookah spot in southend should do as well (maybe better) than pj's and crave uptown where they seem to get tons of curiosity business just from the sight of the hookahs.