Southend Living

^ It's one of several options I know of for a small mid-high-end restaurant's expansion into Charlotte. I'm not sure this is the right space for them (other options are mostly also in Southend, but I'm pulling for Elizabeth Ave honestly), but it'll be a great thing for the city's restaurant scene when it happens :)

^ It's one of several options I know of for a small mid-high-end restaurant's expansion into Charlotte. I'm not sure this is the right space for them (other options are mostly also in Southend, but I'm pulling for Elizabeth Ave honestly), but it'll be a great thing for the city's restaurant scene when it happens :)

Does that mean they didn't pick the building on Hawkins? :-( 

More clothing stores in Southend is great, but this doesn't sound very different from Blush, which didn't make it (they haven't moved out yet, but signs in the windows say they will become an online-only store). I would like to see some stores that are slightly broader, with vintage and new clothes sections in the same store (see this a lot in Asheville boutiques) for both men and women.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

(Very) long time lurker and (finally) first time poster.  Yes, the guys behind SILVERFLY in the Met who are friends of mine opened a second location, SILVERFLY Sport, in the side of the old brief/shu space closest to S. Tryon.  I went to the grand opening party Saturday afternoon.  This location will focus on more casual 'lifestyle and athleisure' apparel for men.  The South End Chic boutique referenced in Jayvee's post above is actually inside this space as well.  The owner was there Saturday too, but she had not yet stocked any merchandise in her section of the space (which is an elevated platform in one corner).  Clothing boutiques, especially ones with a limited selection focusing on a specific demographic, are tough to make work, but I wish them the best!

Cheers!

• Like 1

I'm hoping with the influx of residents in SouthEnd, it will draw "chain" retail to Stonewall and local places dominate SouthEnd (like Silverfly)

There needs to be pedestrian & bicycle upgrades making SouthEnd to Uptown even more Inviting to walk/bike between the 2.

:) I was a little worried for years SouthEnd would undermine Uptowns retail potential but I think uptown focusing on national retailers & SouthEnd on local will both help each other. Especially with Stonewall bordering SouthEnd

I believe Inner Peaks is going into the white warehouse in this streetview: (behind the gas station)

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.208864,-80.867051,3a,56.6y,312.95h,85.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sJ7eLMk-F2t9VF_MI_IlE-g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Yes, they had added another couple (?) stories of steel framing out the roof when I last went by about two weeks ago. They are spending a good bit of money on an otherwise invisible part of Southend. Edited by kermit

This is nothing short of amazing. Mural outside The Gallery at South End. The company who did this has plans for the alley to in between this building and unknown.

LOVE!

And to Jayvee: How long do we have to stay tuned? Weeks? Months? :fun:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The Charlotte-based developer that is under contract to purchase the old fire station on South Blvd. plans to turn it into office and/or retail space.  Options include a restaurant or a bank (WTF, really?).  The fact that they are requesting a drive-up window makes me think they are, in fact, planning a bank branch or a fast-food restaurant.  Very disappointing choices for a cool building in a great location.  Any chance the City Council denies the rezoning request in October?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article31009989.html