This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 posts in this topic

Portwalk will be a pedestrian friendly, integrated urban development featuring first class office space, boutique shops, cafes, restaurants, residences and a Residence Inn by Marriott hotel. Portwalk is being built on the site of the former Parade Mall.

Portwalk's first phase is a 5-story, 96,000 s/f mixed-use building. The building's first floor will house the hotel's lobby and common areas and 12,000 s/f of retail space. The hotel will offer 128 urban studios and one-bedroom suites, with a large hearth room, bar and lounge area, breakfast room, indoor pool and fitness room, meeting room, business center and guest laundry area. Pro Con has scheduled a June 2010 completion date for Portwalk's first phase.

I am not sure what the entire project will be and how much space it will take up, but I found this description in an article in the new england realestate journal regarding the begining of construction.

I am sure other sources could be searched easily by interested parties. there is a rendering as well.

for some reason I thought Portwalk made it clear it was in Portsmouth but that just goes to show you how much of a scatter brain I am.

to attone for my sins I google this mutha.

here is the article i read as posted on the Architects site :)

pics of construction

and its green too

I found some info on Phase II as well.

in the article is says phase I is complete, but looking into it phase I as defined in the article is a seperate project with the same developer. I think that means is that phase I of Phase II is actually starting now, and there will be a phase II of Phase II that I will describe a little now :)