38 Studios

mental757

• 2 months later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PROJO: "Video-game company 38 Studios to locate in downtown Providence"

http://www.projo.com/ri/providence/content/38STUDIOS_MOVES_DOWNTOWN_09-24-10_JJK1L17_v14.21597bb.html

From what I've heard, there are like 400 people looking to move to the Providence area from this company, and they are being offered relocation packages... sounds pretty good - I hope the company does well and stays in PVD, it could be great for the city.

• 1 month later...

Curt Schilling talks about upcoming move to Providence

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Former Red Sox star Curt Schilling, CEO of video-game company 38 Studios LLC, said his team is "incredibly excited" about its impending move to Providence. Schilling, in San Francisco for a game developers conference, spoke briefly to the blog Joystiq.

"It's our building! We have all six floors. -- it's our studio and we're alone. It's our space," he said. "Gavin [Whishaw] -- the studio GM -- and I, we really took a Disney approach. There's no detail too small for us in the new studio to make it a place where people walk in and say 'I wanna work there.' "

38 Studios is scheduled to move into its new headquarters at One Empire Plaza in downtown Providence May 1.

Details about the company's first game, "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning" are scant. Gamers will have a chance to learn more when 38 Studios presents the first public demo of the game March 11 at Pax East, a three-day gaming festival in Boston.

• 11 months later...

Archived