±
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

EU To Ban Cars In Cities 2050

7 posts in this topic

Posted

The European Union has come up with a pretty interesting idea... in an effort to slash carbon emissions the EU is considering banning conventionally fueled autos from cities by the year 2050. What does everyone think? This is a pretty fantastic idea, a step in the right direction for a clean energy future and hopefully will see fruition... provided link to our little opinion piece on it...

EU Ton Ban Conventionally Fueled Vehicles By 2050

Posted

Unless government steps up like this and demands alternatives, it simply won't happen so kudos to them for stepping up to the plate!

Posted

Unless government steps up like this and demands alternatives, it simply won't happen so kudos to them for stepping up to the plate!

What ticked me off was the shear ignorance of the people who were responding in the comment section to the original telegraph article. If this is the mentality of the "general public" in Europe or otherwise then we're in trouble.

Posted

Sounds pretty ridiculous to me. We've built an entire global economy mostly around the car. To have a 'government' force people to not use them is absurd.

Posted

Unless alternative fueled vehicles become the cheaper alternative to businesses and residents moving out of the city (thankfully there is forty years to work with), this sounds like a formula for furthering urban sprawl. At least this idea would push the pollution outside of the city centers to where the power plants used to power the "alternative fueled" vehicles would be located.

Posted

That's a long way off. I don't think there will need to be a ban. I think the evolution will simply lead that way naturally. 35+ years off - that's a long time for technology to develop.

Posted

dont see how that would work well.....would never work in the US