Home2 Suites behind Hilton Garden Inn

jice

A new Hilton brand hotel, Home2 Suites, is going into the lot behind Hilton Garden Inn in Midtown...

same developer and I think the same construction company..

A new Hilton-brand hotel is set to open its doors at 1800 Division Street in Nashville by May of next year.

The 66,000-square-foot Home2 Suites will include 119 rooms over seven stories, according to Lizabeth Theiss, director of business development with J.E. Crain & Son, which will break ground on the project next month. Currently, 20 Home2 Suites are under construction or breaking ground across the United States. Only two are currently open.

Read more: New Hilton-brand hotel opening in Nashville {sodEmoji.|} Nashville Business Journal

sharing the parking garage between the two.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2011/04/20/new-hilton-brand-hotel-opening-in.html

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new Hilton brand hotel, Home2 Suites, is going into the lot behind Hilton Garden Inn in Midtown...

same developer and I think the same construction company..

A new Hilton-brand hotel is set to open its doors at 1800 Division Street in Nashville by May of next year.

The 66,000-square-foot Home2 Suites will include 119 rooms over seven stories, according to Lizabeth Theiss, director of business development with J.E. Crain & Son, which will break ground on the project next month. Currently, 20 Home2 Suites are under construction or breaking ground across the United States. Only two are currently open.

Read more: New Hilton-brand hotel opening in Nashville {sodEmoji.|} Nashville Business Journal

sharing the parking garage between the two.

http://www.bizjourna...opening-in.html

"Now honey, which Hilton were we staying at again?"

Looks good. Fits in well in that part of town. I like the way the density of Mid-Town/West End is increasing without adding 30 story buildings. (From The Nashville Business Journal)

Home2%20Suites[1]*900.jpg?v=1

There are also proposals for the Tower records site (an eight story hotel), the 10 story hotel at 18th and West End, the six story HCA Offices, a large apartment complex on 31st Avenue and the large apartment complex on Elliston Place. All these fill up more parking lots, put more feet on the streets and increase demand for retail in this part of town. I wonder if the prospect of a trolley from Murphy Road along West End and Broadway to downtown has anything to do with encouraging this development?

Lets hope this is steel reinforced concrete. At seven stories it should be. (I think 4-5 is the limit with wood frame.) We have had way too many stick frame buildings go up in this area over the past few years. Stick frame buildings do not last near as long and they are not green. If this is indeed a "Green" hotel, it will be concrete.

BR

Archived