Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Cardinal Health is definitely moving up the list for a possible relocate....

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/morning_call/2015/08/post-acute-care-health-tech-company-nears-sale.html

NaviHealth is nearing a deal to be sold to a large public company.

According to a news release, Ohio-based Cardinal Health plans to by a 71 percent stake in the Brentwood-based company for $290 million. Over the next four years the publicly traded health care services company will scale up its stake and take over the full company, an eventual investment of more than $400 million.

NaviHealth is a relatively young company but one with a sizable footprint in the Nashville area. Led by CEO Clay Richards, the cost management firm recently moved into space formerly used by Tractor Supply, where it houses 250 employees, a group supplemented by more than 350 additional employees spread nationwide.

The news release says current NaviHealth management and its principal investor will continue to be involved in the business, but I've reached out to Richards to clarify what new ownership means long-term for the company's Nashville-area presence.

News of the sale was first reported by Venture Nashville Connections.

Once completed, the deal will mark Cardinal's second major move in Middle Tennessee. In April, the company bought specialty drug distributer Metro Medical Supply Inc."

Literally tabbed over to do exactly that while you were posting. My top picks from the list: Cardinal Health (currently have office in LaVergne): Walgreens, and Aetna...

I was watching Sesame Street this morning (babysitting Grand daughter) and noticed on one segment involving characters dressed as vegetable super heroes in which they used the Nashville skyline for the action shots. They later used NYC pictures. Not Earth shattering, but kind of interesting.

• Like 2

I was watching Sesame Street this morning (babysitting Grand daughter) and noticed on one segment involving characters dressed as vegetable super heroes in which they used the Nashville skyline for the action shots. They later used NYC pictures. Not Earth shattering, but kind of interesting.

.Too bad you couldn't've gotten a screenshot of that in time, but of course it was a split-second cameo of skyline. -==-

Would love to see if any of you guys would be willing to say what you believe are the % of chances on these developments actually happening: (I've put my own predictions in)

Paramount: 50%

Michael Hayes 24 story: 90%

Virgin Hotel: 40%

WES: 10%

Buckingham Gulch Tower: 70%

Former Con Ctr Site: 60%

Lifeway Redevelopment (anything over 350'): 50%

Would love to see if any of you guys would be willing to say what you believe are the % of chances on these developments actually happening: (I've put my own predictions in)

Paramount: 50%

Michael Hayes 24 story: 90%

Virgin Hotel: 40%

WES: 10%

Buckingham Gulch Tower: 70%

Former Con Ctr Site: 60%

Lifeway Redevelopment (anything over 350'): 50%

Paramount: 75%

Michael Hayes: 80%

Virgin Hotel: 50%

WES: 0% as long as Palmer has any involvement

Buckingham Gulch Tower: 10% in its current form, 70% as a 25 story building

Convention Center Site: 65% (though we may see an alteration to the plan)

Lifeway Redevelopment over 350': 50% (350' is probably what I would consider my over/under for the tallest on that site)

505 100% since it has basically started with excavation.

Buckingham Gulch Tower 100% They have a track record, and they have major investors.

Michael Hayes 100% He has Hines and GSP. No doubt.

Convention Center site 0%

LIfeway Campus 10%

WES 0% with Palmer involved. The actual land? 100%

Virgin 100% 

• Like 1

Carvana... I am not familiar with this company, but I have read about them in the WSJ... sounds, um, interesting (i.e. gimmicky) to say the least. 

635766383718474737-carvana

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/08/31/carvana-bring-car-vending-machine-concept-nashville/71478816/

i have been wondering what that was.

Well, at least it breaks the mold for purely rectilinear glass boxes, doesn't it?  It looks more like a giant curio cabinet. -==-

• Like 2

i never thought the empire stat building looked stubby, but that is so skinny it makes everything look short and stubby.

also, I have been following the mass of tall very slender residential towers going up in NYC, this is the skinniest, but definitely not the only one, and they are all huddled within a block north or south of i think 54th street and only a few block from west to east. 

• Like 1