Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

I am in the process to buy right now, if you are not ready to put an offer in within the first 24-48hrs of a house going the market you're already too late.

I agree with that.  I would almost rather they stay on the current campus and let someone with with a more ambitious idea build in SoBro.

[Deleted - article states they have the land tied up in SoBro, and are conducting due diligence, but have not closed] 

Edited by RonCamp

Another reason artists live in Nashville...they can show up at the local neighborhood potluck and not be noticed and accosted:http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/10/jack-white-crashed-his-neighborhood-potluck-and-no-one-recogonized-him/

When I saw that on T V, all I could do was laugh, as those folks didn't have a clue.

ive always thought that was one of the coolest things about our city.
you see famous folks around town often and everyone just knows that they are off limits, to just treat them as people

Yep, a smile and a nod, maybe a photo together if they don't look too busy (a friend of mine ran into Steven Tyler in Whole Foods and politely asked if they could have a picture together, to which Mr. Tyler excitedly agreed). 

I once worked at a retail establishment that many Nashville musicians frequented. I would always roll my eyes at how some of the staff got so starstruck when these people would walk in... I think the only time I ever hinted that I knew anything about one of them was when we talked about how I noticed the boots he was wearing on Jay Leno were from a local Nashville vendor.

I would love to hear the details of that first article when it's out of the paywall. 

Bill Lewis has a piece in the Tennessean about apartments going up around town, 25000 apartments in development...  http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/10/15/luxury-apartments-rise-meet-demand-new-residents/73687606/

At face value, filled by new people, would equal roughly 30-35k new residents alone. That is astounding. We're witnessing something may never be repeated for Nashville whenever this boom subsides.

• Like 3

Wow that is a lot. I wonder how many suburbs of Nashville that includes? That would be great if that was just near the core. It seems like we only get apartments built. Do people not want to own anymore, or are Condos too costly to build? Interesting how they mention that people from other cities view the pricing as affordable. I still think Nashville's market is much higher than it should be.