Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

A couple of other items of note:

Fifth and Garfield. I told WW about this one a while back and is under construction

http://nashvillepost...ast_sales_start

and a major building at Meharry going up as well

http://nashvillepost...s_3m_to_meharry

Not to mention the dorms at Vandy on the corner of West End and 21st will start very soon and the new indoor training facility at Vanderbilt

http://nashvillepost...enter_expansion

and Wedge wood park

http://nashvillepost...mber_completion

Well thats more than a couple but you all are falling down on the job here.

The Wound Clinic at Baptist has started as well

I almost forgot to post these, but does anyone know if this is site prep for something specific, or just utility work. It was a public works truck, so I'm guessing just utility work. Its in the lot directly to the east of the Encore and south of the Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge. Old Thermal Site right? or is that further south? Anyways here are the photos.

DSC_0803.jpg

DSC_0804.jpg

DSC_0805.jpg

Edited by arkitekte

To any Moderator:

Does my account need to be approved or activated or something, because I can't post pictures and when I try to go to "My Profile" it says I don't have access? Thanks.

I think you have to have like 10 post beofre you can post pix. Its been a long time and dont quite remember.

Its either ten or twenty five

actually, that is the old thermal plant site and iw where Mayor Dean wants to put the amphitheater. Thre was a lot of utility work going on there last month or month before last.

I did happen to talk to a bunch that was loking at the site several months ago, but could not get any info out of them.

A couple of other things. The new academic building at Belmont is underway as well as the 12 south project and Kissam Hall is officially underway too according to WW. The west end village site is cleared along with the Homewood suites site and the Rock City machine site.

I really think there will be a major announcement coming soon for Sobro area. No i don’t know anything for sure but hearing rumors and think there will be a major project that has not been announced. Guys, this is my gut talking and not any knowledge that I may or may not have.

Which structure is being torn down? Hopefully not that three story older white building on the corner. It doesn't look like anything THAT significant...but tearing that down just to expand a bar especially when there is a parking lot with some crappy old shack across the street would be typical Nashville...one step forward and two steps back.

Walked by on Friday and saw that this building was down and the site was completely cleared with a chain link fence up around the lot.

Is it confirmed that Red Door is expanding to this?

And if I'm reading correctly, the lot you're talking about with the structure is now the back side of Chuy's.

Edited by Volanova

I hope this is a good show, as Nashville is Country Music USA, but Nashville is also so much more- we have a great rock music scene (Jack White, Kings of Leon, The Black Keys all live here...), a solid hip hop scene (although I'm not that into hip hop), and a good jazz scene. I just wish Nashville was know more for ALL music rather than just country music, and I'm afraid this show will just further portray us as that. Even a few episodes illustrating the various music types here would do.

However, I do like national exposure, and I hope the show does very well.

• Like 1