Drinking Beer in Charlotte

ah59396

Bulldog tweeted earlier today:

They sure are taking their time getting this location squared away.

EDIT: I apparently wasn't supposed to reveal the location, my bad.

Edited by Guest

EDIT: I apparently wasn't supposed to reveal the location, my bad.

News is officially out:

http://cheerscharlotte.com/episode-114-asheville-homebrewers-conference/   Details start at the 41:00 mark.

Bulldog Beer and Wine's new location will be across the street from Wooden Robot on Winnifred. 4000sf.  20 taps, outdoor patio, walk in coolers, food trucks on weekends, opening in 60-90 days. 

best bar hop ever: craft, wooden robot, brass tap, bulldog, ferguson plumbing showroom warehouse.

Sigh....

Probably the first thing that popped into my mind was "boy what a killer view off that patio! /s"  I can't think of another city in the United States that allows what can become urban, walkable retail/restaurant districts to effectively be executed by horrific buildings like the Ferguson warehouse.  Built in 2015.  It just kills me man.  Who allows that crap to continue!?

For those that don't remember, we are talking about this belle of the ball across the street from Wooden Robot....

Also, here is a quote from Ferguson's people regarding the warehouse.  Which is just sadly hilarious.  Nothing inspires creativity and fun like an emotionless beige wall.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2015/05/19/expanded-south-end-showroom-for-ferguson-bath-and.html

Ferguson has been looking for a larger space for five years, says Sonia Gant, showroom manager.

“We chose to stay in Historic South End because we love working closely with the passionate community of residents, builders, remodelers and developers who make the area a go-to destination for creativity, inspiration and fun,” she says.

post-26833-0-66461400-1435948192.thumb.j

Edited by ah59396
adding a pic...and bad quote

^^ I totally hijacked your image to twitter-shame @Ferguson_FEI. Maybe with enough pressure from the surrounding area something cool can be done with that wall.

Yes and not to throw this thread too off topic (and to elaborate on my tweet) I reached out to ferguson and apparently they have no control over the exterior (the guy I talked to was a total ___hole) and its on the building owners, who I can't find a contact for (I thought it was Ferguson).

Yes and not to throw this thread too off topic (and to elaborate on my tweet) I reached out to ferguson and apparently they have no control over the exterior (the guy I talked to was a total ___hole) and its on the building owners, who I can't find a contact for (I thought it was Ferguson).

I highly doubt they had no control.  HIGHLY doubt it.

Sitting at TPA (Tampa airport for the uninitiated) right now and I'm astounded at the lack of local beer representation at the airport. Charlotte and CLT do a great job with this. Just realized I was admitting to drinking at a bar at 10am...

My local retailer told me he can't get any Jam Session because NoDa's mobile canner (Land Of The Sky) is 8 weeks behind due to demand.  Coincidentally, yesterday I went out to Benford Brewing, which is a one-guy operation on a farm near Lancaster.  He confirmed LOTS is way behind, and also told me that he and an investor just incorporated a separate company and bought a mobile canning line, so they are going to start canning for many breweries (including Benford).  He says everybody in Charleston wants/needs his canning services, and they already have 8-10 clients.  (I believe LOTS will be losing NoDa once NoDa's new facility is operational, since they have a high-speed canning line there permanently.)

In other "coming soon" news (but not in CharMeck), Full Spectrum Brewing is having their Grand Opening this Sat Aug 29.  They are in Ft Mill by Baxter Village (just off 77).  http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/morning-edition/2015/08/inside-full-spectrum-brewing-co-fort-mills-first.html

Edited by grodney

Add another "Coming Soon": Forty Two Brewing Co.  Check the twitters at @fortytwobrewing where you can see some beers and some label concepts.  They've been on twitter since Dec '14, and on ncbeerguys map since May.  I can't find any facebook or website.  Appears to be the work of "Andy T".  Can't find any trademark registrations.  In fact, they might run into problems with http://www.latitude42brewingco.com/ .