New Greenville developments

gs3

Several new developments have just been announced this past week in Greenville.

One of the largest is Villagio Verde, a complete Italian inspired community of shops, offices, condos and single family units. With buildings ranging in height from 3 to 7 floors, it will be right off 385 between Pleasantburg and Haywood. Check out this website (great site): www.villagio-verde.com

Additionally, Whole Foods announced their arrival into Greenville with a new development called Shops at the Point, across from the new Shops at Greenridge.

Downtown, along with all the work on Riverplace, Wachovia Place, Bookends, etc, another mixed use building was just announced. It'll be at the corner of McBee and Main, 9 to 10 Floors, condos and offices with retail on the ground. There is a great sign/rendering at the site.

A friend in the retail industry, tells me Borders Books and Music is looking at downtown.

Already alot of activity in Greenville, this past week just added alot more!

What is the web address or some pics to detail what I'm trying to visualize in my head right now. I personally think that with the all the nice development going on in Greenville, the quality of life is going to go up significantly. With the posibility of Borders coming downtown, that will definately give Books-A-Million a run for the money. If Greenville could follow an example of a great downtown area, it would be of Syracuse, NY. The Armory Square District is amazing. Much bigger than the area that is our Main St corridor. Check it the website here. Lets all think of some ideas that we could use to implement here in Gville.

Edited by jarvisj3

Welcome to the forum gsupstate!

Thats great news for Greenville! I'll have to make a point to check out that sign at McBee and Main.

That Villaggio verde soungs interesting. Here is a picture form their website:

village_sketch.jpg

Also, check out the view from the luxury condos!

gville_dusk_horizon.jpg

More cenceptual art:

http://www.villagio-verde.com/drawings.html

That is truely exciting. I want to know what the price ranges will be.

I'd like to see downtown Greenville expand more east and west of Main. Its a very linear place in terms of what the average tourist would want to check out. I also hope that this mixed use building will include street-level retail. It always dissapoints me when buildings don't incorporate this into their plans.

Actually, I was looking for the website that had the info about the new tower coming to downtown. Thanks anyways Spartan. Also, I'm headed down to the Chamber of Commerce today, and maybe I'll get lucky and find some info on new projects.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi jarvisj3,

Sorry but I don't have a web address for the new development at the corner at the corner of Main and McBee. Was by there last night after dinner, and look on the sign/rendering for a web address but none is listed.

Went to 9th floor of city hall today to dig up more info. There are a lot of planned developments that haven't been announced yet. They lady told me to keep an eye on the lot at the corner of church and north st where the Memorial Auditorium used to be. Major development is planned there and could be as big as the Landmark building. Sounds like Greenville might be getting more skyscrapers. There is also a vision of a residential tower near Cleveland Park. Would be around 17 storys. I am excited! Greenville is becoming a major city.

The Building at Main and McBee is being done by KDS properties, the smae company that is doing Villagio Verde. The building can be seen on the website in the available properties section.

Main & McBee

But, here is a photo,

011.jpg

It is no done deal though, they need to lease some of it out before they go ahead with it.

Also, I am new to this board but are any of you familiar with what is replacing the young fashions building on the left side of the Piazza Bergamo? And has anyone heard anything recently about the Movie Theater possibility for the site where the Kimbrells Furniture building currently stands on Main St.

I also havent seen anyone mention The Brio on Church St. you can get information from it at www.chooseauction.com. It is the renovation of the old Ramada Inn and will have 52 condos in phase one. Additional street retail and condos will be built in phase two.

Brad Toy

Went to 9th floor of city hall today to dig up more info. There are a lot of planned developments that haven't been announced yet. They lady told me to keep an eye on the lot at the corner of church and north st where the Memorial Auditorium used to be. Major development is planned there and could be as big as the Landmark building. Sounds like Greenville might be getting more skyscrapers. There is also a vision of a residential tower near Cleveland Park. Would be around 17 storys. I am excited! Greenville is becoming a major city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That great. I'd lke to see that develop soon. So do you know people in city hall, or can anyone just go there and peruse their files?

The Building at Main and McBee is being done by KDS properties, the smae company that is doing Villagio Verde.  The building can be seen on the website in the available properties section.

Main & McBee

But, here is a photo,

http://www.kdsproperties.com/property_images/011.jpg

It is no done deal though, they need to lease some of it out before they go ahead with it.

Also, I am new to this board but are any of you familiar with what is replacing the young fashions building on the left side of the Piazza Bergamo?  And has anyone heard anything recently about the Movie Theater possibility for the site where the Kimbrells Furniture building currently stands on Main St.

I also havent seen anyone mention The Brio on Church St.  you can get information from it at www.chooseauction.com.  It is the renovation of the old Ramada Inn and will have 52 condos in phase one.  Additional street retail and condos will be built in phase two.

Brad Toy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the forum!

Thats alot of info that I hadn't heard of. A movie theater on main st? I guess it wouldn't be one with the arena style seating :) That would be interesting though. Greenville has a suprisingly low number of movie theaters.

That would be interesting though. Greenville has a suprisingly low number of movie theaters.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greenville has many Theater buildings only 2 theaters Once Cerrydale opened all but Hollywood Twenty Shut down. A few became Churchs, some were torn down. And the Regal 10 on Pelham probubly could be opened back up. Should be opened I think there is room in the market for 10 more screens.

As for the downtown theater, its nothing final, its in rumor, or planning stages now, but that is a bigger site than you may realize, it would include the site where a automotive repair station was that was torn down recently.

The other rumors are that the theater may go in the Riverplace development.

My Career is in Commercial Real Estate, so I make it a point of knowing what is going on. I also live in the area and know the names of the Local Architecture, Construction, and Development firms. Often you can get information by checking out their websites.

Brad Toy

Wow, where/how do you find all of this information?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi all,

Below is list of all the projects that I know are currently happening or are in the works in Greenville. If I know the website for the project, I've listed it. There is alot of activity going on in the upstate...please add additional projects you know of.

1. Camperdown Condos - Located downtown on the Reedy River. Aprox 7 floor midrise (www.harpercorp.com/camperdowncondos.php)

2. The Lofts at Mills Mill - Multi floor mill refurbished into lofts. On Church Street near Augusta Road. (www.millsmill.com)

3. The Bookends - Downtown on McBee - 8 Floor

4. Wachovia Place - Downtown on Main. Just completed. Apartments are rented, still some available retail space on ground level.

5. Poinsett Corners - Downtown - Loft and retail with some "Liveworks" available.

(www.harpercorp.com/poinsettcorners.php)

6. Brio - On Church Street where the old 7 floor Ramada is. There is a large tarp over the side of the building with a rendering. (www.chooseauction.com)

7. Villagio Verde - On 385 between Pleasantburg and Haywood - 3 to 7 floors - Italian Village of condos, retail, offices (www.villagio-verde.com)

8. Bellagio Gardone - Condos on Paris Mountain at Montebello - (www.nealprince.com/pages/bellagiogardone.html)

9. Main @ McBee - Downtown midrise office, condo, retail (www.kdsproperties.com/properties)

10. Riverplace - On the Reedy River, Downtown (Westend) - Office, retail, condos

Multiple websites...one is (www.55riverplace.com)

11. The Shops at Greenridge - Power Center / Lifestyle Center in the 385/85/Woodruff triangle. Many stores new to Greenville or opening a 2nd location....Barnes & Noble 2nd location, Best Buy moving there, Total Wines & More new to Greenville, Firebirds Rocky Mountain Grill new to Greenville (www.Crosland.com)

12. Shops at the Point - On Woodruff Road at The Point development near Millenium Campus and ICAR - New to Greenville will be Whole Foods as anchor. Upscale lifestyle center.

13. ICAR - International Center for Automotive Research and Millinium Campus.

First two buildings are under construction (BMW Research and Clemson educational building). Dodged the barricades and drove through last Sunday....WORLD CLASS! Landscaping is impecable, all bridges are stone, bike lanes, sidewalks and greenways for jogging, etc. Saw the steel skeleton of the BMW building....taking shape. Interesting note....they left the abandoned railroad tracks and did really incredibly nice crossing....looked more like a "Light Rail" line. I know Greenville has been looking at purchasing some North-South abandoned lines for future light rail.....ICAR sure looks like it's in the plans to receive light rail.

14. Greenville Hospital Patewood Campus - Between 385 and Pelham. Major additon. 150 bed addition, offices, parking deck. Steel skeleton going up now.

15. Greenville Hospital Systems building a new Greer Campus. Hospital, assisted living, daycare, residential, retail, offices. Multi acre. Off highway 14. Ground has been broken and sign with rendering up.

16. St. Francis Womens & Childrens on Patewood - Addition

17. Hubbell Lighting new Corp Headquarters and showroom.

18. GSP Airport access road being 4 laned, new lanscaping, new signage, new interchange with I-85 (also in the same project a 2nd BMW interchange). Major interchange with access (local) lanes and express lanes (like 85 near the Augusta Road area).

19. I-385 rebuild continues.

20. Walgreens distro center - Off I-85 (technically in Anderson County). Will employee aprox 500 to 750. Size will be something like 700,000 sq ft.

21. Baseball! The Bombers want to move here, the Diamond Jaxx want to move here and now this past week an announcement that Mandalay Entertainment Group (who owns multiple baseball teams) wants to build a 27 million stadium and move one of their teams here. Mandalay would pay the entire 27 million. We'll see what happens. (www.mandalay.com)

Please add to the list!

Hi all,

Below is list of all the projects that I know are currently happening or are in the works in Greenville.  If I know the website for the project, I've listed it.  There is alot of activity going on in the upstate...please add additional projects you know of.

1. Camperdown Condos - Located downtown on the Reedy River. Aprox 7 floor midrise (www.harpercorp.com/camperdowncondos.php)

2. The Lofts at Mills Mill - Multi floor mill refurbished into lofts.  On Church Street near Augusta Road. (www.millsmill.com)

3. The Bookends - Downtown on McBee - 8 Floor

4. Wachovia Place - Downtown on Main.  Just completed.  Apartments are rented, still some available retail space on ground level.

5. Poinsett Corners - Downtown - Loft and retail with some "Liveworks" available.

(www.harpercorp.com/poinsettcorners.php)

6. Brio - On Church Street where the old 7 floor Ramada is.  There is a large tarp over the side of the building with a rendering. (www.chooseauction.com)

7. Villagio Verde - On 385 between Pleasantburg and Haywood - 3 to 7 floors - Italian Village of condos, retail, offices (www.villagio-verde.com)

8. Bellagio Gardone - Condos on Paris Mountain at Montebello - (www.nealprince.com/pages/bellagiogardone.html)

9. Main @ McBee - Downtown midrise office, condo, retail (www.kdsproperties.com/properties)

10. Riverplace - On the Reedy River, Downtown (Westend) - Office, retail, condos

Multiple websites...one is (www.55riverplace.com)

11. The Shops at Greenridge - Power Center / Lifestyle Center in the 385/85/Woodruff triangle.  Many stores new to Greenville or opening a 2nd location....Barnes & Noble 2nd location, Best Buy moving there, Total Wines & More new to Greenville, Firebirds Rocky Mountain Grill new to Greenville (www.Crosland.com)

12. Shops at the Point - On Woodruff Road at The Point development near Millenium Campus and ICAR - New to Greenville will be Whole Foods as anchor.  Upscale lifestyle center.

13. ICAR - International Center for Automotive Research and Millinium Campus.

First two buildings are under construction (BMW Research and Clemson educational building).  Dodged the barricades and drove through last Sunday....WORLD CLASS!  Landscaping is impecable, all bridges are stone, bike lanes, sidewalks and greenways for jogging, etc.  Saw the steel skeleton of the BMW building....taking shape.  Interesting note....they left the abandoned railroad tracks and did really incredibly nice crossing....looked more like a "Light Rail" line.  I know Greenville has been looking at purchasing some North-South abandoned lines for future light rail.....ICAR sure looks like it's in the plans to receive light rail.

14. Greenville Hospital Patewood Campus - Between 385 and Pelham.  Major additon.  150 bed addition, offices, parking deck.  Steel skeleton going up now.

15. Greenville Hospital Systems building a new Greer Campus.  Hospital, assisted living, daycare, residential, retail, offices.  Multi acre.  Off highway 14.  Ground has been broken and sign with rendering up.

16. St. Francis Womens & Childrens on Patewood - Addition

17. Hubbell Lighting new Corp Headquarters and showroom.

18. GSP Airport access road being 4 laned, new lanscaping, new signage, new interchange with I-85 (also in the same project a 2nd BMW interchange).  Major interchange with access (local) lanes and express lanes (like 85 near the Augusta Road area).

19. I-385 rebuild continues.

20. Walgreens distro center - Off I-85 (technically in Anderson County).  Will employee aprox 500 to 750.  Size will be something like 700,000 sq ft.

21. Baseball!  The Bombers want to move here, the Diamond Jaxx want to move here and now this past week an announcement that Mandalay Entertainment Group (who owns multiple baseball teams) wants to build a 27 million stadium and move one of their teams here.  Mandalay would pay the entire 27 million.  We'll see what happens. (www.mandalay.com)

Please add to the list!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yeah, a few I forgot a few.

Jog by this every morning...The Richland @ Cleveland Park - Downtown Cleveland Park - 5 Level Condo.

Liberty Bridge - Downtown at Falls Park - Just opened (www.fallspark.com)

The Park - Townhome Village on McPherson Park in downtown. Great views of downtown Landmark Tower, Liberty Center, etc.

An Outdoor iceskating rink at Piazza Bergamo - Downtown.....not sure the status on this. Developer wanted to have open for downtown holiday shopping.

Main Street at Piazza Bergamo - A new 5 to 7 floor office, condo, retail building. There are renderings in the window of the old Youngs Fashions building...I'll swing by there and look at the name....it's another Italian name like The Tuscan or something.

I can think of a few others.

1) North Hampton Market - www.capllc.com in the finishing stages, the Target, PETsMART, and Hobby Lobby are already open.

2) Spartanburg Regional Hosptial System's new Greer Campus on HWY 14 just a few miles from the GHS's new Greer Campus

3)International Trade Center - Vivian Wong's Development near ICAR, supposed to attract foreign companies to the upstate.

4) The Matrix - Built on Spec to try to entice a pharmaceutical company to the upstate.

5) Renovation and addtion to the Palmetto Expo Center.

And I can think of a few others, smaller on scale such as Crescentwood Village on Butler Rd. and Cottage Corners on HWY 290 across form the Greenville Tech Greer Campus.

Brad

I can think of a few others.

1) North Hampton Market - www.capllc.com in the finishing stages, the Target, PETsMART, and Hobby Lobby are already open.

2) Spartanburg Reginal Hosptial System's new Greer Campus on HWY 14 just a few miles from the GHS's new Greer Campus

3)International Trade Center - Vivian Wong's Development near ICAR, supposed to attract foreign companies to the upstate.

4) The Matrix - Built on Spec to try to entice a pharmaceutical company to the upstate.

5) Renovation and addtion to the Palmetto Expo Center.

And I can think of a few others, smaller on scale such as Crescentwood Village on Butler Rd. and Cottage Corners on HWY 290 across form the Greenville Tech Greer Campus.

Brad

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Forgot about the International Trade Center. Is that going up behind St. Josephs and Carmax?

Spartanburg Regional is going to end up taking over the whole city... it's getting very large. There is so much wasted space in there that administration is not using....for example the emergency center that just opened... it's not full of staff because there aren't enough staff who wants to work in that area. They're in the works now to begin building a new Pediatrics Intensive Care Unit....and most likely will add on instead of remodel and use empty space. That's just how it works there for some reason.