New Greenville developments

gs3

• 2 weeks later...

City Council to vote on ROW abandonment

City council will vote today on whether to abandon ROW to Overbrook Lofts LLC. They own 1.57 acres at the Laurens Rd/E. North St/Overbrook Rd. intersection.  This is that hill that overlooks 385 at the Stone Ave. exit.

Based on the name, this could be interesting. Given the visibility of the site, I hope the design is good.   

Does anyone know anything about it? 

City Council to vote on ROW abandonment

City council will vote today on whether to abandon ROW to Overbrook Lofts LLC. They own 1.57 acres at the Laurens Rd/E. North St/Overbrook Rd. intersection.  This is that hill that overlooks 385 at the Stone Ave. exit.

Based on the name, this could be interesting. Given the visibility of the site, I hope the design is good.   

Does anyone know anything about it? 

Doesn't look so great as currently designed...but it should be reworked some. Its actually apartments and office space. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://gsabusiness.com/news/56023-official-downtown-needs-balance-of-office-residential

I would agree with this. Greenville would benefit from more office space (with parking garages). It seems most of the new announcements are related to living space. 

Where does this List think office growth should/can occur next? Highrise or less? 

To answer your question. One area would the area behind the Camperdown Development, I think that was in the downtown master plan, and the area around the new federal court house. That area bound by Brown, Washington, East North, and Church Street would the most ideal for office. With it being more in the business district of Downtown Greenville than the other area. I know some will say," there are offices in the area behind the Camperdown site". But I have a feeling that the courthouse will have businesses that will necessitate the need for such space. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, vicupstate said:

Greenville Business January issue:

Page 31

'Jackson Hughes, president of Hughes Commercial properties says his company will unveil a significant mixed-use project in Greenville in about six months, but declines to offer details." 

Anyone care to speculate on details?  Couple locations that poppoed into mind that would be appropriate for a "significant" development.     

- The Greenville Transit site on Washington. 

- County Square

- The Reedy Square Site

- Probably unlikely, but we have heard rumors of the Citgo on south main being redeveloped.