Charlotte Bobcats Arena

utcltjay

Uptown arena reaches another milestone

More than 45 trucks loaded with cement delivered concrete to the new Uptown arena Thursday morning to begin construction of the ice floor.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the link Raintree, but nothing annoys me more than sites like WCNC that want me to 'give a liitle personal info' before I can view the article.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

U2 is apparently the first concert signed to the new arena.

http://www.newcharlottearena.com

while poking around their new(ish) website, i saw that they had posted some info on the art planned for the arena.

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/arena_art.html

i kind of like the spindles. they are unique, colorful, interesting, allude to charlotte's textile past (like the rest of the arena), and are (most importantly) controversial. What did McC want? A likeness of himself? A little cartoon crown? seriously, what is wrong with these.

The murals i could do without, but whatever. (i'm not much for murals in general.)

Well, there are alot of concerts at Cricket Arena, and high school graduations...

I doubt many concerts will be coming to Cricket Arena once the new arena DT opens. This past Saturday tickets for U2 went on sale, to be the first concert in the new arena. Those tickets started the influx of concerts at the new arena. Who would want to play outside of the core city unless they had to?

Archived