► Miami/South Florida Photo of the Day ◄

Aessotariq

Post your pics here, from anywhere in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and the Palm Beaches. Comments are welcome.

No more than one or two pictures per message, please. 800x600 or smaller is preferred, panoramas excepted. If you have a collection that you would like to share with us, please start a new topic.

• 6 months later...

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A picture of a Miami-Dade Fire Rescue engine. I've always loved the lime-green color. They feel so tropical, so "Miami" (even though City of Miami uses traditional red). MDFR vehicles are lime-green to help them stand out better in traffic.

mdfr4ie.jpg

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue serves 30 of 35 municipalities and all of unincorporated Miami-Dade County. It's the largest fire department in the Southeast and the 7th largest in the United States.

It's the angle, which is northwesterly. If you look at the upper 3/4 of the picture, you'll see the MIA control tower. Check the bottom left and you can see more defined parallel lighting. Channel 10 used to end their nighttime news broadcast with a westward view from the Wachovia Tower... it's more what you were thinking.

Cool thread!  I don't have any pics of Miami, so I'll just read.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Palm Beach County pics are more than welcome.

I'm a big fan of that Bank of America building... please keep us posted on all of its color changes.
That's my goal. Stay tuned!

Archived